You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been wanting to do my own version of an Art Nouveau piece for awhile and I just happen to come across an old poster that was originally created by Henri Privat-Livemont and I thought it would be a good one to recreate with vectors using Designer. I added quite a bit more shading and some other minor things here and there. I normally don't use any effects in my work as I prefer to keep things purely vector but with this one I used two effects to help soften the colours on the face. The effects can easily be removed and it doesn't take away from the picture much but in the end I decided that it looked better with the effects. I've also included a view of the outlines that were used.

Absinthe_Privat.jpg

Privat_AbsinthOutlines.png

A brilliant piece of work that must have taken so much time and effort that I don't want to even think about it.
A really excellent example of what can be achieved by the right person with the right software.
As with other examples of your work, this really deserves to be part of a more permanent showcase, either pinned to a forum here or on the main AD site.