You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ive noticed recently that when cropping in Photo Persona, in order to exit the crop tool one has to choose the Apply button, otherwise the crop dosnt take place.

But when editing a raw image in Develop Persona, there is no 'Apply' button and all one needs to do is to choose another tool, such as the 'Move' tool, and the crop is finalised.

Is this just one of those things that  weren't planned well and I just have to get used to, or is there some rational behind this?

Thanks! But I think that there is still a problem here that hasnt been addressed: When cropping a JPEG- after OKing the crop via doubleclick or pressing Enter, the View Tool icon is highlighted and the crop grid disappears, and if another crop is still needed, when choosing the Crop Tool again a crop grid is overlaid onto the new, cropped image for further cropping.

So far- so good.

BUT- if I need to do the same thing with a raw file in Develop Persona, after OKing the crop in the same way as with the jpeg (doubleclick/Enter), the image will crop, the grid will disappear, the View Tool cursor (a hand) will appear, but the crop Tool icon is still depressed!

Also- if I press the View Tool icon, so as to correct this, if I want to crop again and I press the Crop Tool icon again, I get the original uncropped image (from before my first crop) on screen, overlaid by the crop grid.

Any ideas, anyone, on why this happens?