stoosh

Purchase but never used due to color issue.

Hi

I purchased a license in December of 2016, but have never been able to use Affinity Photo. I have what I would call an old Dell 545 Inspiron computers, on which I installed Affinity photo, but Affinity Photo has never worked on it. It was always crashing. Recently I downloaded the v1.6.2 which has not crashed yet but the images still appear with a yellow cast which make the software un-usable.

Just to let you know that all other image editing software I have ever installed has worked. I don't know why this software is different.

Can anyone tell me what the issue is, do I need to buy a new computer?

See image attached.

photo-open.thumb.jpg.f71e6cde53afdcfb8085322554fe4339.jpg

Hi stoosh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is probably due to a faulty/incorrect colour profile. Right-click on the Desktop and select Display settings, then Advanced display settings on the bottom. Scroll down a little and select Colour management in the Color settings section (this may vary a little depending on what Windows version you are using). Make sure you don't have any profile associated with the monitor in the Profiles associated with this device section in the Devices tab (the first tab - note that the one pictured below is the Advanced). Then change to the Advanced tab and make sure you have the following settings set:

devices_profiles.png.36cece0b9b6b91b40c23fd8c475a1920.png

13 hours ago, shojtsy said:

@MEB , are monitor color profiles ignored for the Navigator panel? Because that doesn't have the yellow cast in the screenshot.

Yes, the colour profile isn't application to the Navigator panel. It probably should though...

Thanks for your responses...

Color management is set up as above. Photoshop is installed along with Lightroom plus some other applications, none of which show the yellow cast. Throughout the years I have never experience anything like this, even with the most basic of image viewing or editing applications that I have played with. I'd just like to understand so that I can correct the issue.

Hello stoosh,
I initially have a similar problem with a yellow cast in Affinity Photo, (I use a Windows System)

I solved it that way,
with a right click on the desktop you can change the display setting
Set the color profile for windows in the system control on Adobe IEC61966-2.1.
With this attitude I never again had a yellow cast.

or use the proposal of MEB.

Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 :   Affinity Photo-Beta 1.8.0.486   :    Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.8.0.486:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

Hi stoosh,

You can either check if there's an available icc profile for you monitor/laptop model in the website of the manufacturer or in the Colour Management window (as shown above in my previous post), go to the first tab (Devices), tick Use my settings for this device, click the Add button on the bottom left and select sRGB IEC61966-2.1 from the ICC Profiles section. Does this fix the issue for you?

23 minutes ago, stoosh said:

Hi All

Unfortunately, none of the solutions suggested above have worked.

Can you provide a screenshot of the Colour Management dialog tabs?

The reason other software doesn't have this problem is, they don't perform document to monitor colour profile conversion (apart from Adobe products, which do, but they also have a check for invalid ICC profiles, which they can discard).

On 18.01.2018 at 4:00 PM, stoosh said:

I have made the changes that you suggested without success :( See images below showing new document and color manager devices...

Remove sRGB color profile - it is NOT intended as a monitor color profile!

If you have manufacturers' monitor profile - you can use it. If not - it is better to leave this list empty.

4 hours ago, stoosh said:

Is it possibe to resolve this issue?

If your monitor is properly set to sRGB, and the document in your screenshot was also sRGB, it will result in no colour conversion happening (as source and destination are the same). As you're still seeing a colour tint, it means your monitor still has a non-sRGB profile set. I wonder whether there is a profile override in the NVIDIA control panel or something.