You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting a complicated image in one go!

Hi there, I'm working on a PDF with a VERY complicated logo that seems to have been created with about 400 little bits - is there a way of grabbing the whole logo and deleting it, rather than from the layers panel doing one piece at a time?  I might be being dense - but any help with this appreciated!

I've attached a screen grab to show you what I mean . . . THANKS.

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.26.36.png

Try to make a selection around it so every logo involved curve gets selected, or use Select, scroll and Shift-Clicking on the layers panel to select a bunch (or all) of the involved curves and delete then. Further you could also try to select by color if all the logo parts do distinguish from the background and delete.

Usually there are several ways to accoplish this.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

A good way is to grouping all elements of the logo into one specific group.

Then it can be manipulated with it as a whole (move, delete, resize, color, visibility, etc.)

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• Staff

You can also select multiple objects in the layers tab by selecting one object and then holding the Shift key click on another object and this will select all of the objects between the first and last selected objects, also you can hold  the CTRL key and click to select a single object in addition to the one already selected