You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

strange keyboard behaviour with the PadKeys.app

Hi there,

I noticed some strange behavior when working with the padkeys.app keyboard in Affinity Photo for ipad. The cursor keys which I find very important to move around in text layers don't work at all but also the responsiveness when marking text in order to edit it is somewhat slow and laggy. The cursor position after having selected and erased a word behaves strangely. If you type in a new word, the first letter appears always at the end of the word.

With the "normal" keyboard that is integrated in ios everything is fine, but then you don't have the cursor keys that I think are a big plus for those who don't work with an external keyboard.

Hope this is worth looking into. Other than that: great job with Affinity Photo, this really is the way to go on ios. Looking very much forward to the following apps!

All the best,

oliwetti

Hi oliwetti

Obviously Affinity Photo is only designed to work with the native keyboard and touch input rather than a third party app. However I can pass this over to see if there may be any safe tweaks that we can do to to a future update to possibly accommodate this, but it more of a feature request than a bug

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris, 

Thanks for the reply and thanks for passing this over. When working with text layers in AP the native software keyboard really is quite insufficient without cursor keys, so this would be greatly appreciated. All the best again and sorry for posting this in the bugs forum (I agree that the feature request area would have been better for that),

oliwetti