Sign in to follow this  
alecspra

Why does text look pixelated in AP?

When I write text with Artistic text on a blank canvas or on top of a fill layer the text looks pixelated. The bigger I make it the worse it looks. Why is that happening? Isn't the text supposed to be a Vector shape rather than Raster layer. Please help!

Clearly, it is working for you but somehow I am not getting that result. What could I be doing or not doing that makes the text appear pixelated? This problem happens before saving the text. Not that saving it makes any difference though.

Perhaps you could provide a .afphoto file that demonstrates the problem you're seeing, and attach it to a post here so we can see it, too?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

The problem is, your document is tiny, only 500 pixels so the font is actually very small.. You are therefore viewing the text at a high zoom level.

I took your document, increased the font size and viewed it at 100%.

This is your document at 100% with the text (I didn't have your font) at 500 points.

m.jpg.09d3b7f34be9648592bfccdecd07e32a.jpg

If I zoom your document to 800%, without changing the font size, this is what happens.

800.jpg.cdb1c5fd571c2ddeed584f220a2e548e.jpg

As a tip, always view at 100%, or 200% etc. Thing often look bad if viewed at 95.68% but great at 100%.

In other words, go large!

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.