You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

repeat the protocol commands

Hi,

I am learning affinity designer - a very good program!

Now my current lesson is "protocol".

My question:

I found no possibility that I repeat the protocal commands automatically - like macro-function at other apps

Is this not a concept in affinity?

thanks michael

I am not exactly sure about what kind of protocol commands you want to repeat automatically, but are you familiar with the 'Power Duplicate' function of Affinity Designer?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

34 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I am not exactly sure about what kind of protocol commands you want to repeat automatically

I think the OP wants to repeat commands recorded in the History panel.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

I think the OP wants to repeat commands recorded in the History panel.

Do you think he means like repeating just the last command, the last several, or something else?

Regardless, I find it difficult to see how this would work, except maybe for a few special circumstances. Every command must have a clearly defined target object for the command to be applied to. So for example, let's say the last several commands targeted a shape object like a cog or one of the star types & adjusted one or more properties unique to that shape type, like the curvature of a cog's teeth or the outer circle parameter of a star. Even assuming there could be some (automatic?) way provided to repeat that group of commands on some other selected object, there is no guarantee that the that object would have the same or similar adjustable properties.

As you know, as it is the macro function in Affinity Photo is quite limited. There are a few ways provided to select a target but none that can select a specific type of object. So for example you can record a macro that adjusts the properties of a star object, which works fine on other star objects, but does nothing when run on other object types. I think for what the OP & many others (myself included) would like a macro to be capable of doing requires what amounts to a macro programming language, complete with variables, conditionals, error handling, & such.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Do you think he means like repeating just the last command, the last several, or something else?

Yes. :P

Alfred spacer.png

Mimuel should clarify what he wants to do exactly as he may be able to do it by Copying and Pasting Styles or Pasting Effects or by using Symbols, etc

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

38 minutes ago, Alfred said:
49 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Yes. :P

Thank you for clearing that up! xD

Affinity Photo 

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Thank you for clearing that up! xD

You're very welcome! :D

Alfred spacer.png