You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smooth transition from one color to other color or from light to dark

Dodge, burn, draw with a brush smoother light to dark transition shades, trying using a gradient for more gradation of the transition, there are a bunch of things you can try to use. Or just select and make it all like the other side equal the same here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I tried to clone all sides equally but didn't really got the result I'm looking for with that (probably more to do with my retouching skills than to do with the tool). Didn't think of the doge/burn brush and I'm trying the burn brush. Experimenting with different brush settings now so as not to show streaks. Right now it's set at Opacity: 10% Flow: 47% Hardness: 5% but still shows some of the movement of the brush. But I think the burn brush is the way to go and I guess it's a matter of finetuning. Have no idea what all the other settings do in the 'More' panel (like Dynamics and Texture).

I have been retouching the zenith and nadir from some 40 equirectangular pano's and this is the last one that's giving me a headache...

You best take a round pale brush here and play only with it's size and opacity level, since these draw smoother/softer for such things. In AP there is also a retuching brush among the healing tools, which might be useful for changing and adapting pixel regions with beneath color tones by drawing over (click & pull).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks. I ended up using the dodge brush to color/lighten all sides equally. I could have started back from scratch since I kinda cloned myself into a corner. But this will do. It's a pano for a google street business view and what's often done to cover the nadir/tripod is to blur it all out since looking straight down is not the point of interest anyway. But cloning is a more elegant solution even when it isn't done perfectly. 

screen4.jpg