You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is something wrong with this editing?

Good Evening. I am new to this Forum, but not to Affinity Photo which I use for a year now.

I have recently shot this image (Olympus EM5 Mark ii - 16 Mp at 200 ISO F/11 at 1/1000th second - using the "Sunset" mode at end of day) and tried to edit it from a Raw file (attached).

Sorry in advance if the below may seem trivial to most of you: I am disappointed because I can see quite some noise in the sky in the various attempts I have made to edit this picture... I followed the following workflow and wonder what is wrong:

- In Raw: Added Luminosity and Saturation. Did not add more Clarity. In details: Added Luminance noise reduction (slider up to 40%).

- Then I developed and used the "Remove Haze" filter which I very much like in general

Also I looked at the tutorial about "Noise Reduction" for Affinity Photo... That's about it really... I would be very grateful if someone could help me better understand what I did wrong, and how to get to a better result (I have attached the Raw file for convenience)?

Or am I too perfectionist?

Many thanks, Fabrice

Bird on Paris Roofs.jpg

Test2.jpg

P1140050.ORF

Hi Fabrice!  I just zoomed in to 300%, took the noise reduction to 40% in the Develop persona and it looked fine.  Using the haze removal tool darkens the sky nicely, but doesn't seem to create any problems.  I can see some pixelation around the chimneys and con-trail in the jpegs you've posted but no noise! 

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10