You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mac update - volume license

Hello,

A while ago I purchased a volume license for education (version 1.5) to be used with both Windows and Mac OS X computers. On Windows PC, the upgrade to version 1.6 was automatic, but on Mac OS X I can't find any "check for updates" option.

Any suggestion how can I upgrade my Mac OS X installation of AD and AP to version 1.6?

Thank you in advance,

Eyal

• 3 months later...

Hi Lee,

I was wondering if there is an update on this matter. Currently if I start either Designer 1.6.2 or Photo 1.6.8 on MacOS I get an pop-up (see attachment) saying there is a new update available with a "Download" and an "OK" button (both are licensed via the affinity store and manually activated via license code). When I click the "Download" button I arrive at the website https://affinity.store/en-gb/update/macos/designer/1/ or https://affinity.store/en-gb/update/macos/photo/1/, which give me a 404. I noticed that when changing the "macos" in the link to "windows" I do land on a proper page, but with the respective Windows updates. This seems to be a small bug.

Currently this leaves me with the option to go to the IT team in my company to have them login to their affinity store account and download the update. Then they have to somehow transfer the app to me.

Is the functionality of downloading updates via the link something that will be possible in the future for license code (business/volume) users?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2018-04-19 09.31.59.png