You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello!

Im very interested in buying both Affinity Designer and Photo but im wondering about the license thing, im currently on an old laptop which im defintely going to replace soon, but i dont know if the license is by MS account (im on Windows10) or machine, if i buy both products right now on this machine will i be able to use them on my future new machine or just this one? will i have to buy them again for that other machine? or should i wait to buy the new laptop and buy both products on that one?

Thanks in advance!

• Staff

Hi jorgesarcos,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you buy through the Microsoft Store the "license" will be tied to your Microsoft account. If you buy through the Affinity Store you will receive a product key to activate the software. In both cases you can install the application in your current laptop and in the new one (and more) as long as you own/control both machines and are the only one using the software for commercial purposes. Note that the version sold through the Microsoft Store runs on a sandboxed environment which may pose a few restrictions/conditions on its use for security reasons (like interacting with third party apps).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

i have annother question to this topic.

I bought affinity photo through microsoft, now I have it in my microsoft account.

If I´d like to install a beta version, i need a license key but I don´t have one, because of microsot installation.

Is there any possbility to get a license key parallel to the bought through microsoft account?

Thanks for your infos and support

• Staff

@Kadettilac2017

We are looking to get the beta version to automatically recognise the Microsoft Store release build, which is the correct fix for this. Until then, sorry the beta version is not available to try yet.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

The only reliable way is to read each announcement made by Mark Ingram best achieved by "following" him... You will be told every time he posts anything (including a new beta release), and reading the post will tell you if the Microsoft Store version is supported. 

Follow this link to his profile and 'follow' him. Then check your notification settings in your profile as to how you want to be notified. 

Alternatively,  follow the whole  Windows Photo Beta forum. There's an option near the top of each forum. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon