You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apologies up front, I have seen quite a few threads on this but I can't find one that resolves my issue.

I have just bought Affinity 1.6.6. I have a Mac running High Sierra. 

I planned to use Apple Photos for cataloging my photos, and of course sharing across my iPhone and iPad.

I have a Canon EOS 80D and shoot in RAW. 

My problem is this: 

After importing my pics into Apple Photos. I double click on an image to open it full screen. I then choose Menu > Image > Edit With > Affinity Photo

This opens the image in Affinity Photo (AP). I edit the image and then choose Save. However, it does not save it back to Photos. That image remains unchanged.

I read in the various threads that it is supposed to. So what am I doing wrong?

I did download the app 'External Editors for Photos' but I think that this is now redundant for High Sierra. I also never got the option in Apple Photos edit screen that you were supposed to. So I've removed it.

Regards

Ged 

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 12.38.30.png

Thanks you for your reply.

So you are saying that, when in Apple Photos and I select an image and then choose 'Edit With' and select 'Affinity Photo', when I save, it does not save back and this is a known issue.

I don't understand what you mean by " Meanwhile you can use the Edit in Affinity Photo extension to send the images from Apple Photos to Affinity Photo as sent/save them back". Is this something different that you are recommending me to do? If it is I don't understand what it is. Please could you clarify. 

Kind Regards

Ged

Bonsoir.

Depuis le menu Fichier d'Affiny

Enregistrer sous   l'image au format Affinité dans le dossier de votre choix.

Exporter   ouvrira une boîte permettant de choisir le format d'enregistrement.

cliquez sur le bouton Export  de cette boîte permet d'accéder aux dossiers pour enregistrer.

Cordialement.

• Staff

Hi Aarkeus,

Yes, you understood correctly. Instead of using that menu command you can also use the extension (called Edit in Affinity Photo) to send the image from Apple Photos to Affinity Photo. To access it double-click the thumbnail in Apple Photos to display it in fullscreen then click the Edit button on the top right corner. Apple Photos switches to edit mode -the interfaces becomes dark. Click the three dots icon (Extensions) on the top right section and select the Edit in Affinity Photo extension. The image will open in Affinity Photo. Edit it as you see fit then close the document - you will be prompted to save the file - save it and close the document in Affinity Photo if it's still open. The image will be sent back to Apple Photos. Click Save Changes on the top right corner in Apple Photo to save the changes.

Hi. Should this also work in the trial version? If I return to Apple Photos I have only an edit button on the right top. When I click it Photos does say that the image is open in another application, but does not offer an option to save the image