You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,
Thanks to the team for this great tool that is Affinity designer !

This feature ( request ? ) could somehow be understood as the equivalent of brushes in Affnity Photo...

The triangle tool and others ( Trapezoïd / Diamond etc...) are neat and really practical !
af_dsgnr_tools.png
is there a possibility ( or any plans in the future ) to have an acces
to build / add / customize other tools by myself and to add them to the UI?

o- suppose i want to create a "logic gate diagram", i would have to use AND, OR, XOR ( and others ) gate symbols.
 - i could create a tool for each symbol
- add handles to customize it ( radius, height etc.. ) as seen as the little red dot.
- the description of each tool is a file that would be imported in Affinity designer.

Many thanks for your consideration, for taking the time to read my request, and for this great App !

aff_dsgn_AND_OR_smbl.png

Have you considered creating your shapes and saving them as assets? That would not handle the "red dot" aspects of your request, but other than that it seems to provide what you want. The symbol capabilities of Affinity Design might also prove useful for you, but assets seem like they might be a more natural fit for your needs.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1