You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

18 minutes ago, jackamus said:

No I haven't. Someone suggested that I might be able to change it in Preferences but there isn't a setting for doing that.

Morning @jackamus I think I suggested the prefs option, not because there is a settings to enable or disable a close and save feature, but because I considered that the program may be corrupted in some way and going to the prefs and in particular the Miscellaneous section will give you reset options, obviously you would lose certain customisations if using these reset options so backing up the customisations is a sensible consideration.

Another reset method I've seen mentioned by MEB is...

"Launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears. Press the Select All button then press the Clear button. Note this will reset everything to app defaults - user preferences, palettes, macros, everything. If you want to reset just the UI and user prefs leave just the first three checkboxes ticked and press the Clear button."

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Too complicated and shouldn't be necessary! I use Open Office and Photoshop on my Mac and if I ask it to Close it closes after saving the last open file. Why can't AD do that?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

6 minutes ago, jackamus said:

Too complicated and shouldn't be necessary!

I totally agree but computers are complex beasts, it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong. Has this always happened or did it suddenly start happening, was there a definitive point when it changed from closing, asking to save and closing to closing, asking to save and not closing?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

As far as I'm aware AD has always been like that.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0