Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spawnartisticdirections

Stills from webcams?

3 posts in this topic

At present I am wondering what I can do with my new webcam, and how best to take stills with it, when I'm not making video. I'm guessing you can't import straight from a camera into Affinity, so I'm wondering what other people use to get best quality, non-jpg stills from their webcam. As a Mac user, I'm not expecting a miracle (webcams seem to be the least developed part of any Mac setup), but I'm sure there are better options than Photobooth. I'm interested in non-Mac related feedback for future reference.

If this question seems obscure, it probably is. It's based on having had a stop motion building section, in a Logitec software we owned when I was a kid. Made a lot of work with that. Combined with how often I use my phone's camera and apps in my projects, it would be cool to have a similar function to my computer layout sometimes too.

No AFAIK AP doesn't have a direct tethering feature, though mostly the webcam vendors software might maybe offer something here for stills. - One of my Nikons has a slow motion mode, which basically takes/makes a sort of video which in turn is made out of hundreds fast consecutive images here. Though I often tend to forget that feature, since it's mostly only usable with dedicated Nikon software.