You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No EXIF data or help window

I purchased Affinity Photo (ver. 1.6.2.97 for Windows) on the Microsoft Store, and prior to that I downloaded the trial version. Anyway, I noticed that when clicking on the help tab and then clicking on "Help..." nothing happens...no box pops up with help topics and a search function like it shows in the tutorial video. Secondly, there is no EXIF info on any file I open (either raw or jpeg) and it shows "No Camera Data" above the canvas, although some of the earlier files I edited and saved (exported) did have the EXIF information.

I have a theory on what might have happened...after purchasing and downloading / installing Affinity from the Microsoft Store site, I then uninstalled the trial version through the Windows Settings. Now I'm thinking that in doing so it may have deleted some shared files, which may be causing the issues???  Should I download and reinstall from the MS Store again, and if so, should I first uninstall AP from my computer first and do a clean install, or just install again over it? Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

To answer my own question...I went ahead and uninstalled my Affinity Photo program from my computer and rebooted, then I went back to the MS Store site where I purchased AP and re-installed the download. I then launched the program, clicked on the help tab, and then on "Help... F1", and the help window launched as it should...so far so good. After that opened a recent RAW file to edit...my camera info was then showing above the canvas area as it should, and after exporting all the EXIF info was there. All is well :)

I guess let that be a lesson for anyone who is using the free trial and decides to purchase and download AP before the trial expires...make sure and uninstall the trial version AP prior to loading on the purchased version.

-Tom