sharkowill

Portrait Pro Plugin Causes Crash on Launch

I just updated from Portrait Pro 15 to the current version of PortraitPro Studio (17.3) by Anthropics. The application works on its own, but when run as a plugin on my MacBook Pro (Late 2013 2.6 i7, 16GB RAM) running 10.12.6 it crashes upon launch. All of my other plugins are working properly, and I have done a re-install of both the plugin and the PortraitPro application. On Serif's site I afterwards I saw that PortraitPro Studio 15 was supported and working without issues, but nothing for StudioPro 17 yet. I am wondering if there is something I can do to make this plugin work or if support will soon be coming. Thank you.

Hi sharkowill,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I haven't tested version 17 yet so i don't know for sure if it works but can you please try launch the app with (ctrl) held down until a Clear User Data dialog appears, remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents and Reset Studio, (leave only Clear User Defaults checked )then press Clear and check if the plugin still crashes?

Hi MEB, thanks for your quick response! I followed the instructions you supplied. I had to re-add the plugins folder in order for the plugins to show up. Unfortunately, the issues persist. My other Nik Plugins still work, just the PortraitPro 17 plugin is not working.

On 13/01/2018 at 4:23 PM, sharkowill said:

Hi MEB, thanks for your quick response! I followed the instructions you supplied. I had to re-add the plugins folder in order for the plugins to show up. Unfortunately, the issues persist. My other Nik Plugins still work, just the PortraitPro 17 plugin is not working.

I am experiencing the same problem. My Nik plug-ins are working fine but I crash immediately I try opening the the Portrait Pro plugins.

I second that, too. Since v17 of Portrait Pro AP crashes on launching the plug-in. Clearing the user defaults doesn't work either. Unfortunately AP 1.6.7 still doesn't support THAT particular plug-in...

Hi sharkowill, westerly21, MikaG

PortraitPro 15 works correctly with Affinity Photo 1.6.7 (retail). I haven't updated to PortraitPro 17 yet, but it's possible the changes made to the plugin have broken its compatibility with Affinity Photo. If after a reset it still crashes the app that's probably the case. I'm checking if we already have this logged and will fill a bug report in case it's not.

I have the same problem with Portrait pro 18, i did try in Affinity photo 1.7 beta also. Still not working, but the applikation don't crash the same way any more, but still crash.