You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Presets empty and the program crashes if i try to import some.

Hi there,

I bought Affinity Photo and the belonging workbook. There is a chapter about tone-mapping at around page 170 (the window poject). It tells me to give different presets in the tone-mapping persone a try and play around with them. But when i click on the tone-mapping persona there are no presets. Or in other words the presets-panel is there, but it is empty. I downloaded the standard presets from this forum but when i try to import them the program keeps crashing. The same happens when i try to create a new category in the presets-panel. I already tried to reset the tone-mapping presets, but the problem persists. Any advice?

Greetings from Germany

Computer specifications: Windows 10 / 64 bit / i7-4600U (2,10 - 3,30 GHz) with Intel HD-Graphic 4400 / 8 GB RAM 

• Staff

Hi Fadings,

Welcome to the forum,

This is certainly an odd issue and not one I have seen reported before! 

Please could you try the below instructions to see if they solve this issue for you?

Please could you try opening the app with the CTRL key held down and when the reset menu appears click Select All then Clear to see if this solves your issue?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi Callum,

thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but nothing has changed. The program still crashes when i try to import a preset or when i try to create a new category.

I really have now clue about a possible cause. I am using the program on a Windows 10, 64 bit system. I thought about deleting and downloading/reinstalling the program, but im not sure whether that would be an easy process because of the missing disc and the already activated license (?) At first sight i couldnt find any download link thats not hidden behind a "purchase" button.

Greetings

Computer specifications: Windows 10 / 64 bit / i7-4600U (2,10 - 3,30 GHz) with Intel HD-Graphic 4400 / 8 GB RAM 

What are your computer specifications ?

Speccy from Piriform is a nice tool to export the specs to a TXT or XML file.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

And, it would be handy, if you put them in your signature beneath.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

Hi HVDB Fotografie,

thanks for your reply. These are my computer specifications and i also added them to my signature for future uses:

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

So, its 3 weeks by now and i still dont have any presets to choose from and the programm keeps preventing me from creating my own. Sending bug reports didnt help either.

I begin to feel a bit sad about my purchase :-/

• 1 year later...

I don't see any answer after such time... It's really... quite sad...

Today I have encountered the same problem as fadings.
Some time ago I have seen these prestes and used them without any problem.
Toady I've tried to map a 7MB file when app has frozen. By few seconds i 've seen loading presets. After that, app has shut down itself without any message.

After manual relaunch, presets are gone. Import = crash. Creating new group = crash.

Reseting the tone mapping presets during the launch - with pressed the CTRL button - without succes.

System: Windows 7 on Intel Xeon E5450 with GeForce GT 730 and 8 GB of RAM. Until now I hadn't any problems with Affinity apps.

My PC spec maybe is a bit old, but as we can see in fadings message, new specs are also in the bug range.

Any ideas?

By the way - maybe it's good time to move this thread into the BUGS section?

Windows 7 | Intel Xeon E5450 | GeForce GT 730 | 8 GB RAM