You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transfer photo from Dropbox into

Hello, I can't Download photo from my cloud storage Dropbox into Affinity photo. I  can open Dropbox, but I can see plane icons only and it is impossible to download an individual picture. There is only a mark that downloading is in the process but nothing happens.

Thaks for helping.

Spagina

• Staff

Hi Spagina and Welcome to the Forums,

1st check the DropBox App is fully updated (along with Affinity).  Then in Affinity try the import from Cloud option and select Dropbox, if you still can't access them here.  What type of image files are they, JPG, RAW? Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you select Dropbox?

If the main Dropbox app can't access the files then i'd suggest reinstalling that App

Bonjour. Bonjour.

1) Enregistrez l'image dans Dropbox.

2) Ouvrez Dropbox et déplacez le pointeur sur l'image -> Cliquez sur "Copier le lien".

3) Collez le lien dans le corps du message.

4 créer une balise devant le lien " [ ] mettre img (entre les crochets.) À   la fin du lien [] mettre / img entre les crochets.

5) supprimer www et remplacer par dl.

6) supprimer "? Dl = 0" à la fin du lien.

Ne fais pas d'espace .

Si vous rencontrez des problèmes, je vais vous donner un petit conseil.

Pardon pour le mauvais anglais de traducteur.

Cordialement.

I have same issue. AP and Dropbox do not Interface for me. Just endless download symbol. Dropbox works with my other apps, just not AP.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 13. 1. 2018 at 6:23 PM, stokerg said:

1st check the DropBox App is fully updated (along with Affinity).  Then in Affinity try the import from Cloud option and select Dropbox, if you still can't access them here.  What type of image files are they, JPG, RAW? Can you post a screenshot of what you see when you select Dropbox?

If the main Dropbox app can't access the files then i'd suggest reinstalling that App

On 13. 1. 2018 at 6:23 PM, stokerg said:

After reinstalling Dropbox it works. Thank´s for advice.

I have tried reinstalling Dropbox and still not working with AP beta. Tried JPEG, RAW and TIFF Files. Also can't import brushes or macros from Dropbox but move them to iCloud and they import as expected. In AP I have tried Open From Cloud, which presents the Files app. Navigate to Dropbox and folder with required file. Select file, endless download. Arghhhhh.....

The same file opens in ACDSee Pro and in BigPhoto, just not AF.

CC4D2B06-0418-414F-8754-1E1A8C1B33F4.png

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

1 hour ago, DM1 said:

I have tried reinstalling Dropbox and still not working with AP beta. Tried JPEG, RAW and TIFF Files. Also can't import brushes or macros from Dropbox but move them to iCloud and they import as expected. In AP I have tried Open From Cloud, which presents the Files app. Navigate to Dropbox and folder with required file. Select file, endless download. Arghhhhh.....

The same file opens in ACDSee Pro and in BigPhoto, just not AF.

CC4D2B06-0418-414F-8754-1E1A8C1B33F4.png

Hi, I am on the beginnig with AF app. So the first step to open JPEG from Dpropbox works. But how will works some other functions I don´t know. But I tried it on I pad only not on Desktop.

Unfortunately I cannot even open a JPEG from Dropbox using AP on iPad:/ 

• Staff
42 minutes ago, DM1 said:

Unfortunately I cannot even open a JPEG from Dropbox using AP on iPad:/ 

I had issues at 1st on my Personal iPad Pro but signed out and back into Dropbox and was able to get the downloads started.  But the on 1st try all downloads just stayed on Waiting to download.  Now it's completed the 1st download all others have started straight away.  Tested on 3 of the Office iPads Pros with Beta and Release version of Photo, all downloads from Dropbox happened instantly

Interesting. I opened Dropbox and reset the cache. Now I can Open in to AP from main Dropbox app. Tried Files app but still not working. Noticed that nothing stored on Dropbox would download to Files app, just endless spinning wheel. Searched Google, seems fairly common (issues between Files app and Dropbox), but no solutions offered. Powered off iPad and after restarting I could now use Files app to download files on Dropbox. Went into AP and used Open from Cloud, Files app appeared so selected a file on Dropbox and success! The file opened in AP. 

Perhaps a combination of clearing Dropbox app cache and powering off iPad to reset Files app. At least it is now working for me.:D

EDIT:

Solved. After hard-resetting my iPad, and starting Affinity again my Dropbox didn't show up in the list of Cloud Locations at all. Editing this list, and sliding the Dropbox option to On, solved the whole problem.

Dropbox is shown again in the Cloud List, and importing files works as well now.

OLD:

Same problem here.

I've deleted the Dropbox app from my iPad and reinstalled it. Newly logged in, and still, the files won't load from my Dropbox within Affinity (for iPad).

From iCoud Drive, Google Drive, One Drive and Adobe Creative Cloud, importing files is OK. Unfortunately, the files I work with are of course in Dropbox.. :-(

After deleting and reinstalling Dropbox you need to fully power off the iPad. Restart (you should see the 'Apple’ in middle of screen if shut down fully. After doing that I was then able to Download/Open Files from Dropbox in AP.

I also deleted Dropbox app cache which then enabled me to use Dropbox and open in AP. The iPad reboot was necessary to get IOS Files app, Dropbox and AP playing nicely together.

Aahh!! :-(   Not solved anymore, the same problem occurs again now.

I've installed Procreate and mentioned that I had the same 'import from Dropbox' problem - what I previously had with Affinity Photo - there as well.

But! Now it exists in Affinity again as well. And this time, resetting the iPad Pro 12.9, deleting and installing the Dropbox app, didn't work out. The problem is still there and I can't seem to work around it this time...

Any idea how to solve it?

• 1 month later...

Depends what you are trying to do... save, share, export? Those three words mean something different to each app, and so too with "save file" and "save to files" and "save as." 

Don't make yourself crazy; if all you want to get the image out of Dropbox, Google Photos and into Apple Photos do this:

OPEN BOTH APPLE PHOTOS AND ANOTHER CLOUD APP IN SPLIT SCREEN 

If Google Photos, hold on GOOGLE PHOTO image until it “lifts” > drag n drop onto APPLE PHOTOS

If in Dropbox, DOUBLE-TAP on DROPBOX PHOTO image > “SAVE TO CAMERA ROLL”

However, it doesn't work going the other direction from AP into Google Photos or Dropbox. You'll have to use the AP "share" system (as obscure and difficult as it is)

Once in Affinity, you can:

save it to Apple Photos  with Export>Share>Share Image   

save the the image back into Dropbox  with Export>Share>Save to Dropbox  (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it will work one day and not the next)

save the the image back into Google Photos with Export>Share>Drive (google symbol)>Upload> folder  
NOTE: while Google Photos syncs with Google Drive (the cloud app) Google Drive does not sync with Google Photos so you cannot see the imported file; you must close and reopen Google Photos app and you must have "Backup & Sync" enabled (if you don't want all your Apple Photos saved to Google Photos, or maybe Google Drive, and doubling your storage you must then turn Backup & Sync" off ( and no, nobody knows why this is except Google and they aren't saying other than that's the way it's designed)

OPINION:  Apple iOS Photos is crap. Unless you need it to use an iPad specific app (iColorama for example) it isn't worth trying to make sense of it. Apple doesn't want you to make sense of it. Apple wants you to shut up and do it Apple's way.  Among the things Apple iOS Photos WILL NOT do are:

Show any metadata

Use Apple “Tags” to sort images

Show OS X applied file names or titles

Show  the original (camera) file number

Show file names or titles from any other app

Show file names or titles from any cloud storage site

Load separate files for RAW+JPEG

Load edited in-camera converted RAW > JPEG files as separate files even with different file numbers

Allow a search by name, rating, Tag, keyword .

• 2 years later...

Hi I'm having a similar problem. If I try to import a jpeg from Dropbox via "Import from the Cloud", when I select the image to be imported I normally get a message saying "The file couldn't be saved" with an 'OK' button. When I try to export an image, I normally get a message saying "The item couldn't be saved because the file "XXXXXXX.tif" is invalid, again with an 'OK' button. Believe me, I can call the file whatever I can think of, it will not save. And then, sometimes (rarely) I CAN import, and I CAN export, even though I'm apparently doing the same thing. Can you help?

Re me previous post, it SEEMS to be related, at least on exporting, to how embedded the folder I'm exporting to is in other folders. If I just export to the root of by Dropbox filing system, it works, but it's to a file within a file within a file ... it won't allow. Could I be onto something?