You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Improved Vectorscope

I appreciate that Affinity has implemented this very useful tool in Affinity Photo. I would like to suggest to improvements which I think would make this tool much more useful:

1) Make the vectorscope react to sections. When nothing is selected it should be as it is now but as soon as a selection happen it should show only the color information of the selected portion. Sometimes it is hard to tell which part of the images falls in which part of the scope. In particular it is important to know whether skin tones are accurate, this feature would allow us to make a quick selection to find out.

2) Let us increase the gain beyond 500%. 500% is just not enough, a lot of times only a very small region in the center of the scope is occupied even tough the saturation is not too low to the eye.

• 2 years later...

I totally agree with #1 here.  

If you are using a program like Davinci Resolve (for video) then you can select a color (or range), view just that section in the scopes, make the necessary adjustments and then apply that to either just the selection of the whole image.  Using the vectorscope skin indicator (which looks very similar the i range on your vectorscop) you can select skin, make adjustment to keep then where you need them, and then apply.  It's super easy and a great way to get skin tones (any color of skin) in the right spot quickly.  

• 1 year later...