You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tried to install MacPhun Noiseless plugin

Hello, I tried to install Noiseless as a plugin for AP.

The program itself can install as a plugin for photoshop related apps.

I could get Affinity to recognise the plugin, but all I get is a popup that tells me the plugin started, after that I have to force exit Affinity Photo.

Any ideas, or anyone had more luck (or insight) than me ?

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-12 om 07.49.27.png

Schermafbeelding 2018-01-12 om 07.47.42.png

Macphun has changed it’s name to Skylum and is in the process of developing its own competitive products to adobe; and Affinity which already has a very viable set of competitive products and getting more awesome each day.  I would suggest that skylum may have some contractual obligations to adobe.  Perhaps they are not willing or able to work with Affinity for this reason.  However and strangely the Nik plugins do work with Affinity.  Again just to note, prior to the google gobble Nik was developed by the guys that created Macphun. The only app google was interested in was Snapseed so they dropped the other Nik products giving birth to Macphun. 

https://macphun.com/blog/macphun-is-becoming-skylum

35 minutes ago, p_mac said:

...I would suggest that skylum may have some contractual obligations to adobe.  Perhaps they are not willing or able to work with Affinity for this reason.  However and strangely the Nik plugins do work with Affinity.  Again just to note, prior to the google gobble Nik was developed by the guys that created Macphun. The only app google was interested in was Snapseed so they dropped the other Nik products giving birth to Macphun.

Nope I pretty much doubt this. - The reason is instead more that Adobe has and offers here a halfway good documented developer Plugin API (libraries, docs, samples etc.) for Win/Mac which is reusable for developers. So companies and people who are spezialized in that PS Plugin market and do mainly also make a living out of that, can write their tools and hook them also into PS. This way some of them do get a piece of the big PS market cake, since their tools also can interact and work together with PS.

Related to Affinity, their supposed way of using the PS plugin interface isn't documented at all, there is no public info (or any plain samples) about how to make use of the Adobe PS Plugin API (also which version etc.) for APhoto here. E.g. what interfaces are supported or not and in how the data has to be transfered through PS plugin procedures the right way, in order to be successfully hooked in as a working third party solution for it. - Further Affinity's actual PS plugin interface implementation seems not to be right out of the box very PS compatible, since only a few apps will work at all here and the majority of PS plugin related tools have and show issues here on either platform.

The initial NIK plugins as developed by NIK Software and then taken over by Google don't know anything about APhoto, they have been intentionally written to communicate with PS and not with APhoto. They only work together with other tools which do support the Adobe PS plugin API, as far as those tools have very compatible implemented interfaces to what PS usually expects in terms of interoperation here.

Also the former times NIK developers didn't created Macphun or gave birth to Macphun at all, Macphun is a company name and not a product per se. Here only some former time NIK and then by Google aquired developers are working nowadays at Macphun (aka which now renamed to Skylum as company name), but they didn't invented initially that company.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2