gypsiwoman

duplicating to a path

6 posts in this topic

Is Affinity capable of duplicating a shape around the perimeter of another shape? For example, I want to create an eyelet scalloped edge around a circle or rectangle. Is Affinity able to do this? If so, what is the name of that function and how do I accomplish it? Thank you.

Just draw another slightly bigger shape underneath, position it accordingly via snapping or via the transition panel (insert your exact values) and then group or combine those shapes together.

zahnrad.jpg.56ccc9c2e29c2fc2b7ac4d5818e864f0.jpg

However, there are several ways to apply what you are looking for.

What other ways are there to do what I want to do? I'm navigating the learning curve and it's a slippery slope. Thank you.

Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo?

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, Dell Inspiron 17 5767 i7 Laptop. Illustrator CC, Affinity Designer/Photo, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC.

You can move the Rotation Centre of a Shape (a rectangle in this example) to the centre of the Circle than use Power Duplicate to duplicate the rectangle around the circle shape

pd.jpg

uncle808us likes this

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

I tried it and IT WORKS! Thank you so much for this nugget of information. It will come in very handy.