You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make adjustement on a unique layer instead of the entire image

It seems that the adustement is always working on the entire image instead of what I selected or on the layer I need to adjust, I dont find it very instinctive and it seems to be so logic to make it that way. 

Also, when I select an area with the selecting tool, I can’t move it around, it only moves the layer and the selection remains where I made it.

Also, I read before that the perspective option like warp and all those option doesnt exist, so what is the perspective tool for in the projection section?

• Staff

Hi Kurb,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

1 - Drag the adjustment layer over the layer you want to affect or over the thumbnail of the layer you want to affect in the Layers panel to clip it or to "mask it" (nest it) to that layer respectively. Both will work. See this video tutorial for more info: Clipping vs Masking (Affinity Photo)

2 - Make sure you have one of the selection tools active to move just the selection, not the Move Tool.

3 - These tools are not available in Affinity Photo for iPad. Affinity Photo (desktop version) does have them.

1-Cool thanks for the first advice it works well

2-Im on selection section, I tried every tool of the section, It is only moving an empty selection. The right layer is selected

3- I’m on affinity photo on iPad, when I click on perspective, it does nothing.

thanks for your fast answer :)

• Staff

2 - make sure you are working with a Pixel layer type (check the small letters above the layer's name in the Layers Studio). If it says Image, tap the three dots button on the top left of the interface then select Rasterise ▸ Rasterise. You can then move the contents of the selection with the Move Tool or the selection itself with one of the selection tools.

3 - There's a (live) perspective filter available in the Filters Studio. Currently there's no Perspective Tool or Mesh Warp Tool in the iPad version. I'm not sure to what you refer with the "perspective tool in the projection section". Are you referring to the Perspective filter in the Filters Studio?

2- worked, there I can move te selection with the move tool, but not with one of the selection tool, but fine for me anyway :)

3- in this picture there is the projection section with the perspective thing in it. I taught I could modify the perspective of a layer with that.

25260CB5-A93D-4592-A36D-D7D3585FC952.png

• Staff

2 - You can only move the selection itself with the Move Tool if you have an empty layer selected. If the selected layer has pixel data, the Move Tool will move the content of the selection. Not sure why you can't move just the selection with the marquee selection tools. Are you trying to move it with the Flood Selection or the Smart Selection Brush Tools? These will not work because they will try to Add to the existing selection when you tap inside it. You have to use the marquee selection tools or the Polygon selection tool.

3 - Ah ok, thanks. That's an entirely different feature. See this video tutorial: Live Perspective Projection. It's for the desktop version but it explains what this is all about.

2- I see, all good for that : )

3- really interesting, do you think we are gonna be able to warp and changing perspective in the future with affinity photo for iPad? Id like to never have to go back in front of my computer and doing everything on the iPad, that would be a perfect world.

thanks for everything MEB :)

• Staff

The Live Perspective Filter from the Filters Studio lets you create perspective distortions. Regarding the tools (perspective and mesh warp) i believe they will be added at some point. They are not the only features missing - currently you can't create macros on the iPad version for example.

You're welcome ^_^