You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hi,  i recently bought an ipad pro and pen and downloaded affin photo,  i like using it very much,   i previously had a surface pro and pen but the  settings just disappeared and there was no way i could restore it,  i find the apple pen and ipad are much better,   the surface pro pen was very awkward and the line was offfset from the tip,   anyway really pleased to get affinity,   i am working on a photo of a painting i made on canvas and am delighted with the colours and effects i can add with affinity,  the problem i am having is understanding how to save work,  after working for about 20 hours i had a problem and lost the image altogether,  i had been making copies after a few hours each time but when i tried to find them they were not on my "one drive" or anywhere else,  i was panicking  but luckily found out about history images and scrolled to the top and managed to get back,  could anyone let me know the best way to back up important projects ? 

• Staff

Hi mick560,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When you you click/tap on the back arrow on the top left of the interface all the changes you have made are saved  to the file - you can immediately see the thumbnail of the Welcome Screen updating.

If you want to save an additional .afphoto (our native file format) copy/version of the file to iCloud or other cloud service/file manager app you have installed on your iPad, tap the document icon on the top left of the interface and select Save A Copy. This option is also available on the Welcome Screen for each file you have there tapping the small icon menu on the bottom right of each thumbnail.