I have a new 12.9” iPad Pro.

AP-1.6.5.61

I ran into 3 problems today.  Camera used is an Olympus Em5 mark2. Using the hi res mode, which is generating a 64mp raw file.

First issue is that if I try 4 or more files to stack, the app shuts down. 

2 or 3 files are ok. 

Next issue was the result for a particular scene. 3 shots stacked gave me the included result. 

Last issue is regarding file size from jpegs. Instead of getting a 64mp file the result from stacking is only a 40mp file. This happens if I save a raw file from LR CC to camera roll, and the jpeg then sent to AP. Raw files are fine. 

‘’first picture is the result from 3 stacks”

AADD7BEA-5C4E-4A9E-B5D7-2AAF1767DB09.png

Just now, Savingspaces33 said:

I have a new 12.9” iPad Pro.

AP-1.6.5.61

I ran into 3 problems today.  Camera used is an Olympus Em5 mark2. Using the hi res mode, which is generating a 64mp raw file.

First issue is that if I try 4 or more files to stack, the app shuts down. 

2 or 3 files are ok. 

Next issue was the result for a particular scene. 3 shots stacked gave me the included result. 

Last issue is regarding file size from jpegs. Instead of getting a 64mp file the result from stacking is only a 40mp file. This happens if I save a raw file from LR CC to camera roll, and the jpeg then sent to AP. Raw files are fine. 

‘’first picture is the result from 3 stacks”

AADD7BEA-5C4E-4A9E-B5D7-2AAF1767DB09.png

9B8998A9-489E-4320-A3C9-9761BFE0B6C2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Savingspaces33 said:

Hi Savingspaces33,

When you are doing the 4 photo stack are you using the original RAW files, or the JPG exports from Lightroom? 

Could you attach the 4 RAW files and also all the JPG files you have exported to the camera roll please?

You say the 3 shots gave you an empty scene, are you expecting the results to be like the second screenshot?

Hi. Doesn’t matter if I try raw or jpeg, as long as it is more than 3 photos, the app shots down. 

‘Yes, the second photo is what the stack should have looked like. It is like the program cropped the photo.

How do you attach that many files? I couldn’t even add the second picture in the same post, I received an error code (200 something) the second photo was just a small file.

Thank you! 

PS: I also tried deleting the app and reinstalled it and turned off the iPad and restarted it.

Since I haven’t received any help, I’m posting again, so maybe someone will pay attention. Today I tried to import just a single hi resolution raw file from photos. All I get is a blank screen. When I tried 2 files, the app shots off. 

15F162DA-9FCC-478E-86E9-A455B1D27F2F.png

Thanks for attaching the files, however I can't reproduce any of your issues with the supplied files.
1. You say more than 3 RAW files cause the stacking to crash - you have only included 6 JPG files. I tried stacking all 6 files together and that worked without fault.

2. I can't reproduce the incorrect stack because you did not include the photos you have used for this stack. 

3. 3 of the Photos you sent me are 64mp, and the other 3 are 40mp. Obviously the 3 40mp files will produce a stack of 40mp so it sounds as though Lightroom CC is doing something with them.

Could you please attach the unmodified files you are using for issues 1 and 2 please. This is particularly important for Issue 2 when you say the results are not how you would expect.

The first 3 photos were the raw files directly from photo. The second identical set were from LR, saved back to photo. In my initial post, I was having issues with 3 or more files. I haven’t tried since. Now, I can’t even get 1 h res file into AP. You see the attached screenshot, it is black. Tried to get 3 hi res stacked together and your app shots down. Those same photos I sent you. FYI, I stacked 4 regular 16mp files just fine. It is those 64mp files that I really want stacked that are giving me issues. 

So, if your iPad Pro has no issues, why would mine? Any ideas? 

On 1/24/2018 at 1:20 AM, Savingspaces33 said:

Ok

Update. I’m not home, and just tried those same raw files and worked just fine. Not sure why, and I know that it has nothing to do with it, but there is no WiFi here. That is the only thing that is different. I’ll try stacking again from home later today.

9 hours ago, Savingspaces33 said:

Tried only 3 files and AP still shots down. This is getting a little bit frustrating. Why would it work one day and not on another?

Have you attached the RAW files yet? All I can see is an additional 4 JPGs that were uploaded last night.

It looks to me like the Dropbox upload (when selecting Photo Library) is converting them to JPG when sending them. Are you able to copy the ORF files to iCloud drive temporarily? After clicking 'Choose Files' on the Dropbox link you can click 'Browse' which will allow you to access the iCloud drive to send the actual file and not whatever is getting converted due to the Dropbox Photo selector.

I've just tried this myself using the iPad upload and found that any RAW file stored in Photos is converted to JPG when selected, however selecting a RAW file on iCloud uploaded as a RAW.

I've tried your files supplied, but unfortunately still cannot reproduce the issue - presumably because they're not the RAW files.