TheD3vilHimself

Modifier keys while drawing a selection.

I've noticed that while drawing a selection with the marquee tool coming from PS I was expecting modifier keys to work, such as holding Space to move selection while drawing, holding Alt for center to bounds drawing. Also missing were cursor cues to the action, whereas the cursor never shows a plus sign if adding or minus if subtracting, x for intersection, etc. Are these features planned?

On a side note, the software as is is quite impressive, the native filetype crunched an 80mb PSD file to 17 while retaining quality. I mainly do comic book coloring with PS and most features are there, save perhaps a few like processing grayscale to bitmap for the line art, but it looks like I could migrate. The UI is snappy, we like it.

Modifying the selection/shape placement while creating using "spacebar" is extremely useful, but it looks like developers ignore this thread :(

Now in version 1.4 and apparently no method available to re-position or draw from center with 'crop' or 'marquee tools' by way of keypad modifiers during the operation. If any of you designers out there find these functions imperative then please add a +1 to this feature request. I'm a little concerned now about this feature being considered since this request was first placed during Feb 2015 & now we're a year and a half down the road. Don't mean to sound desperate but ....

cheers all  :)

I am sorely missing this feature as well, it makes up for a big part of working speed. I can tweak everything with the tools provided, it just take a lot longer. Hopefully the devs will reconsider ...

Now in version 1.4 and apparently no method available to re-position or draw from center with 'crop' or 'marquee tools' by way of keypad modifiers during the operation. If any of you designers out there find these functions imperative then please add a +1 to this feature request. I'm a little concerned now about this feature being considered since this request was first placed during Feb 2015 & now we're a year and a half down the road. Don't mean to sound desperate but ....

cheers all  :)

There's no need to add +1s or anything like that - it's on my list and it will get done as soon as I can, I promise! ;)

There's no need to add +1s or anything like that - it's on my list and it will get done as soon as I can, I promise! ;)

I'd like to add that I very much appreciate having replies to requests & questions. Oh & that I read MEB's post about not needing to add +1s or anything, a bit late perhaps but got it now.

Starting with 1.5, this works with the shape tools (where I have no use for it), but still doesn't with the marquee tool (where it is absolutely essential to me). I'm now somewhat disappointed … is this just an oversight?

Hi tajmahal,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The dev teams are working as fast as they can to implement new features and move forward with the development but they can't do everything at once. 

MattP already aknowledged this feature. Bear with use while we get there. It will be implemented as soon as possible.

Hi tajmahal,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The dev teams are working as fast as they can to implement new features and move forward with the development but they can't do everything at once. 

MattP already aknowledged this feature. Bear with use while we get there. It will be implemented as soon as possible.

Good to hear. I asked a similar question and added a feature request recently on this issue of no modifier keys with selections.

Matt

I was excited to try this out in the 1.7 betas of Photo and Designer, only to discover that it _still_ doesn't work. Very disappointing, as I use this hundreds of times a day in Photoshop.

Not that I’ve heard or read. It is still a needed addition in my opinion. 

There’s an update coming that is allegedly a big rewrite of the program. Hopefully they address this and other much requested features. 

Matt