Sign in to follow this  
Angelize

effects saved as styles apply to text as a single object

When an object style created using the effects panel is applied to text it is applied the the text as a single object. This has undesired effects with specular highlights, lights and bevels. in the attached image I created some artistic text and then below it I typed each letter as an individual object.

In the gel text you can see how the top example   which is a single typed word the highlights aren't right and the colours from additional lights added via the 3d effect are applied to the text as a whole.  I the second gel text example you see how I wanted the style to look.

I the cookie example the bevel looks all wrong in the top example and below again with each letter individually typed you see how the effect should look.  Note for this report I am not worrying about the squashing of the bitmap fill as I believe that is another issue that has already been reported.

styles bug.png

Thanks for the files Angelize. There seems to be some differences but i'm not yet sure what's causing this. I'm getting more flat results when the FX effects are applied to separated letters but the light position/highlights seems to be correct. Have to check this with a little more time.

Thanks for looking into this.  I am just wondering if there is any update on this?  Would love to do a set of styles for Valentines Day 

one thing I'm noticing is that when applied to text the 3D radius and depth are not being applied the same. after applying the styles to text I have to go in and adjust the radius and depth of 3D effects.