You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

carl123,

Yes it works as mentioned above.

12 hours ago, chris.bannu said:

got it, thanks Alfred :)

Out of curiosity, all the awesome people that answer all my questions, are they support people, or awesome community members? :) 

Hi chris.bannu

Serif staff has a Staff badge below their avatars, belong to moderators/administrators forum's groups and work for Serif as developers, QA/support, direction etc. Awesome users don't have that badge and belong to Members forum's group.

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

I do not have a Mac so do not have the Edit > Copy Merged command but have you tried it with an active selection on an image layer?

It appears to work as @Fixx wants, on my Windows PC using the equavalent Edit > Copy Flattened option

As I said, this command copies from all visible layers, not just a selected one. It is roughly equivalent to applying the 'merge visible' command & copying from the layer that creates.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 months later...

Please, add Copy Merged to Affinity Designer. I have both and i love it, but i have run into this problem many times now. It seems silly to either copy then rasterize all layers manually - or switch to Photo, just to do a simple copy-paste action. An image editor with only partially working or at least limited copy-paste should be considered broken, no?