Hiya,

Before I tell you what's not working I thought I should say that your product is very good and I'm enjoying using it. Also that I'm running Windows 8.1 64Bit with 8GB RAM.

I had 171 DNG files that I needed to export/convert into JPG, saving on the Desktop. I used a batch job to do it. It crashed my computer so completely I had to resort to the power off button to reboot it; even my mouse wouldn't work. I thought, mmm OK, 171 DNG files – maybe I'm being a bit ambitious! So I tried 15 DNG files. Same result. I then opened Lightroom and it exported 171 DNG files to JPG in ten minutes and I could carry on working while it did it.

Any ideas? (Please don't say that batch job is only designed to do one file at a time. :) )

Paul

In the batch job dialogue box try switching off "Parallel processing" at the bottom left of the dialogue.

Let us know if that helps

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi Carl123,

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried one DNG file, OK. I tried two, OK. I'm not brave enough to try more than that, I've got things to do this afternoon.

Why the difference, I thought, from a laymen's point of view, that 8GB RAM would be more than enough, it  was for Lightroom?

Paul

There have been reports where turning off Parallel Processing cures some problems when running batch jobs

But we wont know if it cures your particular problem until you try it fully.

Not sure what version you are running but you may also want to try the latest beta (1.6.3.98) to see if this has been fixed.

If it has you can just use the beta version for batch jobs as having Parallel Processing switched on should, in theory, make the batch job run faster

The released version and the beta version do not interact with each other so you can safely have both installed / running on your PC

Any feedback you can supply should help the devs and others in the future

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Running 1.6.3.97, Windows 10, 16Gb RAM. Tried a batch process with 85 photos (Macro:Duplicate plus 5 Adjustment layers), constantly crashes after 2 or 3 photos processed. Turned off parallel processing ran through successfully in 6 minutes.

1 hour ago, sidsewell said:

Running 1.6.3.97, Windows 10, 16Gb RAM. Tried a batch process with 85 photos (Macro:Duplicate plus 5 Adjustment layers), constantly crashes after 2 or 3 photos processed. Turned off parallel processing ran through successfully in 6 minutes.

Hi sidsewell and welcome to the forum!

As carl123 suggested please try this process in the latest beta which can be found here. Let me know how this works for you :)

Hi J, Ok, I downloaded the latest beta, imported my macro and tried again with parallel processing checked, crashed after processing 2 photos. It was worth a try :-)

Thanks/Sid