You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do you quickly copy text styles like in Adobe Illustrator with the eye dropper tool

Is there a way in Affinity Designer to quickly copy a text style? In Illustrator it was fairly easy to do that with the eye dropper too since that worked both as a colour picker as well as a text style picker. I just want to be able to select a text block and quickly apply the style and format of another text block. I can't seem to find a quick way in Affinity Designer.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Varlien and Welcome to the Forums,

Not currently possible to paste text styles, it's been requested a few times so could come in a future update.

You could always style a line of text, create a text style and reuse as and when needed.

Another option, as you can copy a style from an object and paste it to text, you could style one of the shapes, then use ⌘ (cmd) + C to copy and ⇧ (shift) + ⌘ (cmd) + V (CTRL + SHIFT + V if you are using Windows) to paste the same attributes to another object.

12 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi Varlien and Welcome to the Forums,

Not currently possible to paste text styles, it's been requested a few times so could come in a future update.

You could always style a line of text, create a text style and reuse as and when needed.

Another option, as you can copy a style from an object and paste it to text, you could style one of the shapes, then use ⌘ (cmd) + C to copy and ⇧ (shift) + ⌘ (cmd) + V (CTRL + SHIFT + V if you are using Windows) to paste the same attributes to another object.

Oh cool thanks! I like the last option. Didn't know about that shortcut! Thanks very much! :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/5/2020 at 4:36 AM, zhanchik said:

Any updates on this question?  I am also looking to apply text properties to new text frames or just text selections.

As stokerg wrote, just copy the text element which attributes you want (⌘ (cmd) + C), then paste the attributes on the text element you want to apply it (⇧ (shift) + ⌘ (cmd) + V). Works like a charm~

Copy-paste works fine, you have to copy attributes from a text frame by copying the whole object. It does not seem to work if you try to do it with text tool active. If there are several stylings in that text frame I guess the first attributes are copied, i.e. what first word has.

Pasting can be done to to single words or any length of active text.

Old skool way would just be to use text styles all the way.