Inoki

Adjustments don't pop up

Hi guys,

I was working on an image I cropped a bit, then I wanted to apply an adjustment (any) to it, what happens is that the adjustment layer is added but due to no pop-up it cannot be modified. I'm running Affinity Designer v1.6.1.93

Any ideas?

Heya and thanks! :)

I'm using an external Dell U2715H screen. I've tried to shift the Affinity window to either, tried rebooting my laptop or shutting down the app several times, also tried to just close and open the file, nothing.

Hi Inoki,

If you are using a dual monitor config, connect the second monitor (you should see the adjustments dialog poping up there) change the OS screen settings to a single monitor, close Affinity, disconnect the second monitor and run Affinity again with a single monitor. Is the adjustment pop-up displayed now?

Let me know if not. If that doesn't work you can try to reset the app pressing an holding CTRL while launching the program until a Clear User Default dialog appear. Remove the ticks for Don't restore window and documents. Leave only Clear User Defaults and Reset Studio checked then press Clear

Hi MEB, thank you for your assistance, it's greatly appreciated.

I did the following as per instructions:

• switched to display only built-in screen of the laptop
  • closed Affinity Designer
  • disconnected the second screen
  • re-opened Affinity Designer on the laptop screen only
  • used the Adjustments option in the layers panel
  • Adjustments have shown the pop-up now

On 10/01/2018 at 11:12 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Inoki,
We've had this reported a few times from users. This has now been fixed by development, so the fix should be available in the next release.

Heya,

sorry to bump this, but any ETA for the update? The bug is really annoying. Also I noticed a colleague of mine using the same setup doesn't have the bug while I do. We have identical machines, screens and software versions.

Just now, Inoki said:

Heya,

sorry to bump this, but any ETA for the update? The bug is really annoying. Also I noticed a colleague of mine using the same setup doesn't have the bug while I do. We have identical machines, screens and software versions.

Unfortunately we don't have for the update, however the fix has made it into the latest Beta Build available here if you wish to give it a try in that.

1 minute ago, Sean P said:

Unfortunately we don't have for the update, however the fix has made it into the latest Beta Build available here if you wish to give it a try in that.

Sure, take your time. I'll wait for a stable version since we're in production and can't afford to have hiccups right now. Not using a second screen is not so convenient but will do for the time being.

Thank you for being awesome and keep up the great work!

Hi guys,

I updated today to the newest version 1.6.4.104 but the issue persists. Any help?

• tried swapping between graphic cards in preferences
  • have reset settings as suggested before (holding down CTRL at launch) with both screens active

Using 1.6.4.104, still getting the error. When I first run Affinity Photo, I get the pop up with the first adjustment, but then not after that.

Closing my laptop (Surface Book 2) and only running on the external monitor seems to help, but it is still a bug.

Hi,

Affinity Photo used to work perfect until i added the complete Nik Collection. After that i experienced this error. Resetting affinity back to run without these plugins fixed it for me. So perhaps this error is caused by some compatibility issues? (although all the plugins themself work fine)

16 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Mikusan,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

To what error are you referring specifically? To the adjustment dialogs not appearing for you when you double click them on the Layers panel? Are you running a multiple monitor config?

Yes, i am talking about the adjustment dialogs not appearing when you double click them. I am running a multiple monitor config at work, however in my case this bug only shows it's face when i am using plugins. When i'm using the "stock" version of Affinity Photo it works as intended.