You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD Swatch feature request: tints linked to swatches

When using Illustrator, I can assign a global color swatch to a shape and then set its tint (eg. 50% of swatch X). If I then change the settings of swatch X, the shapes that have that swatch color assigned will also update.

The problem with AD is that, yes, I can assign a global color swatch to a shape, but then can't change/set the tint when it's been assigned to an object. Instead I need to create tints in the swatches panel (7, including the original swatch and white...) and assign those individually. The tint swatches can be made global as well, but they won't update when the original swatch gets changed. In my mind, this defeats the idea of (global) tint swatches, especially as there doesn't seem to be a way to select all objects with a certain fill/stroke color applied.

I would really like to see tints be added to the swatches' options. A simple slider would suffice, but it would be really sweet if you'd be able to create 'tint swatches' that are linked to the original swatch. My thinking is that these will update their 'base color' when the original swatch gets changed. At the same time, these tint swatches would behave as global swatches so if you change tint swatch Z from 15% to 38%, all objects with that swatch applied would change their tints.