You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.3.98

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (issued if Affinity Designer was purchased from the Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when making a gradient document fill global 
  • Improved performance when History and Layers panel are visible
  • Fixed PDF Export bleed for artboards
  • Fixed PDF Export for some documents
  • Added bottom right resize grip corner to floating document windows
  • Added Float, Float All, Dock and Dock All commands to Window menu
  • Fixed Adjustment panels appearing at an invalid location if the panel was closed on a monitor which is then subsequently unplugged
  • Fixed metadata not loading for unicode paths opened via drag and drop
  • Fixed failure to close down due to waiting for invalid files to finish opening
  • Fixed Text Styles panel to reflect the document defaults when no text is selected 
  • Fixed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers 
  • Fixed document DPI showing decimal places
  • Fixed Workspaces getting reset when new panels are added in updates
  • Fixed vector export of clips on rasterised items
  • Fixed Fit/Shrink to printable not fitting to printer margins 
  • Fixed second Print having a zero size document in printer dialog 
  • Fixed exporting artboards to include any adjustments drawn on top of it, even if they are outside of the artboard
  • Fixed fonts being rejected if they had a space in their Postscript name
  • Fixed being unable to move the Greyness node in Layer Effects > Colour Overlay
  • Improved resizing of floating document windows
  • Fixed closing a floating window through the taskbar closes the app
  • Fixed Alignment Editor applying a second time when clicking away via a direct new selection
  • Changed 'Arrange' button text to be 'Alignment'
  • Fixed being unable to adjust custom wet edges spline 
  • Fixed sporadic hanging when opening many image files at once 

Thanks for the new beta, it will be an exciting evening. :):)

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

• Staff
11 minutes ago, kaenes said:

Export to *.png with transparent background does not work :/ And yes I do have " transprent backround" turned on in document settings . 

Sorry, yes this turned up in AD 1.6.1 beta 1 on the Mac and was caused by a change to a shared PDF output codepath. (Our ref: AFD-2792 ). 1.6.3 should not be released with this broken

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

25 minutes ago, kaenes said:

Export to *.png with transparent background does not work :/ And yes I do have " transprent backround" turned on in document settings . 

Same problem here.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Hi Mark 

I have a couple of observations/queries rather than major bugs to report so far!::)..you are probably aware of these.

a. should brush size values in px be showing with decimal places?

b. As I have been working with a lot of brush categories I have found that having large numbers of brush categories while renaming individual brushes can slow down operation in the brush library...to a point where you have to restart the application to reset...This would not occur with general use! but it does get to a point where you can see the app building the brush menu

c.You can get 'stuck' in a colour, if using styles. (apply style to object,,then try you change the colour with a swatch...sometimes you cannot change the colour as the style is still applied ..You can get around it simply by clicking on a new colour on the wheel. (to reset to sampled colour/object colour)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• Staff
25 minutes ago, adi_cataleya said:

view ----->rotate ----> blurry :(

Is this beta build specific or also true of the release build? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
On 14/01/2018 at 1:48 AM, adi_cataleya said:

view ----->rotate ----> blurry :(

Screenshot_110.png

Hi Adi_cataleya,
Could you go into Edit > Preferences > Performance and check View Quality is set to Bilinear (Best Quality) and not Nearest Neighbour please. Does that improve anything? Failing that could you attach the file shown in your screenshot please?

37 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Adi_cataleya,
Could you go into Edit > Preferences > Performance and check View Quality is set to Bilinear (Best Quality) and not Nearest Neighbour please. Does that improve anything? Failing that could you attach the file shown in your screenshot please?

hello sean,

Still, blurry with the same settings for the beta version when I rotate the canvas

Screenshot_123.png

• Staff
19 minutes ago, adi_cataleya said:

This applies to all files in beta but in version 1.6.92 it's okay ... if i rotate the canvas always blur ..... so it seems
I do not need to send the file

Screenshot_124.png

Ahh that's better - I thought you were rotating your documents by 90deg which is why I wasn't able to reproduce it. I'll get this passed on.

3 hours ago, voidsea said:

It's killing me to work without copy/paste/duplicate slices.

Hello voidsea,

I missed this, too, occasionally. Though I would not say that it is 'killing' me ;)

Did you place this request in the feature request forum?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

@SheilaDoak, welcome to the Affinity forums.

The betas of both Designer and Photo require that full versions of whichever app you want to beta test are already installed on your computer.  IOW, if you attempt to install either or both of the betas the installation will first check that you have a purchased version already installed and, if it does not find one, it will ask you to enter the serial number/product key you were given when you bought the app(s).

If you are interested in trying out either Affinity Photo or Affinity Designer there are trial versions downloadable (for Designer) here.  Just scroll to the very bottom of the page.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.