Mark Ingram

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.98

47 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, verysame said:

I'll switch back to PS

Thank you for your farewell.

But you say it quite a long time and often.

Mark_A and PaulAffinity like this

Affinity Photo 1.6.1.93, Affinity Designer 1.6.1.93.

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709, Build 16299.125.

Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

11 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

Thank you for your farewell.

But you say it quite a long time and often.

I did the switch already.

Is not often, it's been twice.

This time I only took the opportunity of being listened as I replied to Mark. In fact, in the post you quoted, there was no response from Serif's moderators. Not that I expected one, but it would have been interesting to get a feedback on a couple of issues I raised as the strategy still doesn't make any sense to me. And even in the improbable case it will work out, it won't make sense anyway.

Andrew

---

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Dual Intel Xeon E5 v2 @ 2.10GHz Ivy Bridge-EP/EX 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz

Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z9PA-D8 Series (Socket-R 2011)

3071MB NVIDIA Quadro K4000 (NVIDIA)

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB ATA Device (SSD)

2794GB Hitachi HGST HDN724030ALE640 ATA Device (SATA)

Thanks for the long awaited Beta with improved and working Shadows & Highlights in Dev Mode. It works great. I look forward to the next improvements like loading speed for RAW/RAF Files a working global Preset management and more. :)

Greatg news about Shadows and Highlights, but this glitch is still not fixed, unfortunately:

Great progress in shadows and highlights controller in development persona.  Is there plan for fixing bug with histogram changing after developing? 

Hofnaar likes this

Improved performance when History and Layers panel are visible

I am not sure what performance was improved, but i don't feel any change with wacom tablet.

Great, the Shadows and Highlights Live Filter does not revert to 50 % (Shadows Range) anymore when a file is re-opened. Thank you, finally it can be used like a real Live Filter again. Before I always had to merge the results to a new layer to avoid wrong corrections when re-opening a file. :)

Mark Ingram and PaulAffinity like this

Just able to download today and give it a test.  Very, very happy to see these corrections. Nicely done!

PaulAffinity likes this

Thank you for this beta, guys. Downloading and installing it now...

Microsoft Windows 10 Home (Build 16299)
Intel Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40Ghz
16GB of RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (2 displays connected @ 1x1080p; 1x4K)
WACOM Intuos4 Large

Thank you for all your hard work, latest beta working very well. Just one request, is there any way to substantially enlarge the liquify brush?

Thanks for your speedy reply. The slider you are referring to, on my machine, only goes as far as 1024px, following your message I tried the bracket shortcut keys and, yes, I can go all the way up to 4096. I am extremely pleased!!! Thank you again!

Hi PetervL,

I see. It's limited to 1024px here (on Windows) as you said. I'm logging this to be looked at. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi belatronix,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I believe we already have this issue logged. Did the thumbnail update a couple seconds later after a few other operations?

Hi All of AP users

I have bought Affinity Photo 1.6.2.97. I read somewhere on this forum, that after each start of Affinity application, it should prompt me to open Affinity’s update webpage if a new update is available. It didn't happen to me concerning 1.6.3.98. Why?

I'm still waiting for PTLens compatibility with current beta. :(

I contacted the author of PTLens regarding compatibility with Photo, he wrote back to me: "PTLens uses Photoshop's standard interface. I don't have a direct line to their [Serif] developers so posting in the forum is your best shot".

4 hours ago, Keszelski said:

Hi All of AP users

I have bought Affinity Photo 1.6.2.97. I read somewhere on this forum, that after each start of Affinity application, it should prompt me to open Affinity’s update webpage if a new update is available. It didn't happen to me concerning 1.6.3.98. Why?

Hi.

1.6.3.98 is a beta version so you won't have notification. It only happens for release versions :)

PaulAffinity likes this

Such a simple thing but having the pan and zoom tools double click behaviour consistent i.e. working in all personas is so good.... thank you thank you!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a change request but with regard to the Tone Mapping Persona when you make an adjustment to a brush overlay the mask disappears. How do you get it back to make a change to it? It's as important to see the mask when editing as it is to see it in the first place when creating it. I thought the first icon on the overlay was a mask visibility toggle but seems not.

On 16.1.2018 at 11:00 AM, MEB said:

Hi PetervL,

I see. It's limited to 1024px here (on Windows) as you said. I'm logging this to be looked at. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi belatronix,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I believe we already have this issue logged. Did the thumbnail update a couple seconds later after a few other operations?

Not a few operations. I have to add something new into the layer tab. Then the thumbnail changes. 

13 hours ago, komtur said:

I'm still waiting for PTLens compatibility with current beta. :(

I contacted the author of PTLens regarding compatibility with Photo, he wrote back to me: "PTLens uses Photoshop's standard interface. I don't have a direct line to their [Serif] developers so posting in the forum is your best shot".

The author of PTLens is welcome to come to our forum and talk to us. I've already worked with FilterForge to improve our Photoshop filter support.

PaulAffinity and Hofnaar like this

10 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

The author of PTLens is welcome to come to our forum and talk to us. I've already worked with FilterForge to improve our Photoshop filter support.

So maybe I will try to persuade him. It will be better if he contacts you directly, than through an intermediary like me. ;)

Mark Ingram likes this