You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello to You all,

This is my last vectorial drawing.

Realistic vectorial drawing, done using Affinity Designer.

I'm really excited with the results, see below.

How to draw realistic objects (this case a headphones) with Affinity Designer.

Step by step the full project here on behance

Best regards

Francky

reslistic-vectorial-drawing-affinity-designer.jpg

Top stuff.  Kudos !

(specially impacting is how much accurately it renders the original photo !! )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Indeed, if u ask me, this is the kind of stuff to solidly promote Affinity Designer worldwide.  :)

(technical illustrators would be VERY interested.  :) ...and general public, too. ) 

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

1 hour ago, SrPx said:

Top stuff.  Kudos !

(specially impacting is how much accurately it renders the original photo !! )

Thank you SrPx.

A short history of my last months:

On October 2016 my colleague at job told me about a new couple of programs, they are Affinity Photo and Designer.

I was always searching for new programs that can suite my work.

While trying the 10 days demo, I was astonished by the potentiality, features, user experience and intuitively of the two programs.

Most of the ux is even better than Adobe.

I dream of a world where you are valued just by the quality of your final works, independently of which software packages you use.

In other words, Illustrator was too expensive, Inkscape yet too spartan even if it has potential, but Affinity is my final choice, I bought it.

Francky

1 hour ago, SrPx said:

Indeed, if u ask me, this is the kind of stuff to solidly promote Affinity Designer worldwide.  :)

(technical illustrators would be VERY interested.  :) ...and general public, too. ) 

I'm really honored by your feedback. 

However it would be great if someone takes this work seriously, for that purpose :)

Francky

2 hours ago, Francky said:

I dream of a world where you are valued just by the quality of your final works, independently of which software packages you use.

Me too! But...meanwhile, I was able in literally every company to use my set of tools, or most of them. Specially had triple pressure to demonstrate that it was a valid tool (Wings3D specially comes to mind, but also did with Blender and for some tasks, Inkscape.) Which I liked, as I like challenges.

I was always searching for new programs that can suite my work.

While trying the 10 days demo, I was astonished by the potentiality, features, user experience and intuitively of the two programs.

Most of the ux is even better than Adobe.

Well, there might not be any action in using users made art for promoting the tools (IMO there's quite some legal stuff in the middle, might not be easy). I can think already of several jewels around that speak for themselves more than any promotional video (specially among professionals) . But trust me, any serious artist / whatever graphic worker that comes here, sees this design (specially if gets to see the original, too) and reads specifically the paragraph I just quoted above, which is obviously not the result of some internal deal or stuff, is a plain testimony of someone just getting ninja level (is very obvious that you were already Ninja with Illustrator ;) ) with this tool in just a few months... Well, I'd look nowhere else, and would get the entire suite, to be sincere.  :) 

Brilliant work Francky, :)

A fantastic example of the potential of these apps!...Clean and polished artwork..nice!..

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

8 hours ago, Stuart_R said:

Brilliant work Francky, :)

A fantastic example of the potential of these apps!...Clean and polished artwork..nice!..

Thank You Stuart_R for the kind comment :)

Yes, I'm proud being a fan of Affinity.

Francky

On 07/01/2018 at 5:13 PM, Francky said:

This is my last vectorial drawing.

I hope it’s only your latest! If it were your last, it would mean that you’re not going to do any more. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, tinpixel said:

Great work, love how you've captured the soft-but-still-taut leather padding so well.

Thank you Tinpixel. You get it, that leather was the most challenging in this drawing. It should look like leather instead of plastic of metal as the rest of the object.