Sign in to follow this  
dmstraker

Sophisticated 'recipes'

One of the great things about Photoshop is its actions. There is a big market in this that is a real challenge for Affinity to crack. Other programs, such as On1 Photo Raw, have very easy to use presets.

Affinity seems in its early days with basic macros and single-adjustment presets. However this also means that there is opportunity to overtake Adobe with a more sophisticated 'recipe' system. Things to include:

• Scalable images of recipes as applied.
  • Nested system so you are not faced with all recipes at once yet can have many on tap without overwhelm as you search for the one you want.
  • Use of tags so you can search as well as browse for recipes.
  • The ability to edit recipes, possibly in a text format.
  • Ability to post a pop-up box at any time, including for choices, sliders and simple text messages.

It's possible that a new format is needed for this, beyond presets and macros.

[historical note: back in the 80s I implemented a macro system on an HP wordprocessor. Customers loved it. It was also really helpful as an automatic test system!]

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.