You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing placed images

Please note I forgot to tick the be notified of responses and can’t find where or how to do this retrospectively. I will return to check for an y help given, but it may mean it appears that I’m not interested - I am.

ive now set the default on my profile. However, I imagine it won’t retrospectively pick this one up.

17 minutes ago, Photasia said:

I forgot to tick the be notified of responses and can’t find where or how to do this retrospectively

You can set general notification preferences via your Notification Settings page. In addition to the link that I've posted here, there's a link on the Settings page which is displayed when you click on your user name in the top right-hand corner of any forum page and choose 'Account Settings' from the dropdown menu.

To follow any thread regardless of whether or not you've posted to it, press the 'Follow' button at the top right of a page in the thread and choose your preferred options there.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Photasia, first you need to select the Photo persona (just to the left of the loop selection you have currently selected. Once you are in Photo persona a new toolbar appears on the left of screen. The Move tool (second from top), an arrow head will allow you to select the placed image. Tapping on corner nodules will allow you to resize it with out altering width height ratios. Fiddle with the nodules and you will quickly see what the do

Also check out the videos for AP iPad in this forum. They run through each of the personas, tools and filters. It seems complex at first but you will soon get the hang of it.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Hi @Alfred thank you. For some reason I didn’t see the follow! I’ve always found it fascinating how easy it is to miss stuff staring you in the face on a screen. It’s not just me - I’ve seen others doing it when I’ve been showing them how to do stuff.

Hi @DM1. Thank you. What it was, was that the placed photo was so big, when I’d chosen the move tool (which I did before posting here), the nodules were off screen. Zooming out before choosing the move tool this time, they appeared! So thanks for the pointer - it helped. Much appreciated

I understand the philosophy of personas btw, and I have been watching quite a few of the vids. It’s a good idea and different to what I’m used to. There are times however when a simple task spans two personas and I get involved in a lot of back and forth which becomes a bit irritating. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good app, though I’m concerned I’ve had two occasions where it’s locked me out of a file so far... bit buggy. It’s like the old days - when buggy software was all there was!