You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting canvas contents

I have set the dimensions of my document/canvas to 47.2 px * 35.5 px. Some of my objects go outside of the document area (see attached) but I only want to export what's visible in it. A normal export does not do that for me. So I have cropped objects outside to the document dimension. This pretty much works but there's human error as I'm using on a 13" laptop and sometimes I've not quite getting it to line up as a perfect rectangle. 

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a simpler/better way?

I'm a newbie, so I expect that's the problem.

Thanks

Joe

screenshot.png

3 hours ago, zenojoe said:

A normal export does not do that for me.    […] there's human error

But it should. Cropping should not be needed. Because we don’t know your export options, we don’t know what exactly went wrong.

Having your file and/or selected export options, we can give you more information.

((PS: Using snapping, exact cropping should be very easy.))

Thanks, Oval. I managed to get snap cropping working which definitely helps :)

Here is a short video showing what I am doing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i830ut9513ib8e/2018-01-07_07-21-03.mp4?dl=0

1) Lifesafer.svg (attached) is what I am getting without cropping (object that extend outside the document get show in the export)

2) Lifesafer2.svg (attached) is what I want it to look cropping like and this time I used snapping for exact cropping (thanks again)

3) lifesafer.afdesign is the source file

The output is to be used on a website, so I want a small filesize.

I am doing this for a lot of files, so would be great to learn a way without cropping but I do very much appreciate the snapping crop tip you have already told me.

Joe

lifesafer.svg

lifesafer2.svg

lifesafer.afdesign

19 hours ago, zenojoe said:

Not sure what 0/0 means

position [X/Y]

Sorry for the short text. With other words:

2. Create rectangle on the same position of the canvas and with the same size of the canvas (and don’t deselect the rectangle)

19 hours ago, zenojoe said:

I didn't get step 2. I gather use the rectangular tool to create a rectangle

There are infinite ways like using the Pen Tool, the Trapezoid Tool, the Rounded Rectangle Tool, … even the Text Tool.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.