Sign in to follow this  
John Rostron

Macro records but will not perform

I have been using Filter > Distort > Equations to modify text onto a sine curve. First I rasterize the text, then apply Filter > Distort > Equations with the following formulae:

x=x
y=
y+(h*a/2)*(b*sin(360*x/w/c)+(1-b)*cos(360*x/w/c))

This filter works as intended as a one-off, and whilst recording the macro, but If I then export the macro, and try to apply the macro later nothing happens. The history panel shows that it has been applied, but the image is unchanged. This happens whether I load the macro as a single macro, or if I add it to a library and load it from there.

What seems to be happening is that when I record, I set the parameters a, b and c to 0.25, 1 and 1 respectively. The default in each case is 1. When I try to execute the macro, the parameters b and c seem to have been reset to zero which means that the macro is unusable, since dividing by c means dividing by zero. I can use the Macro Edit facility to apply valid values, but this should not be necessary.

Text onto sine-cosine curve.afmacro

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and Designer 1.6.5.123, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630