Mensch Mesch

AD Tutorial (Beginner) - POLYGON SPIRALS with rotation, transformation and duplicate function

In this short tutorial I'll show you how to draw simple polygon spirals in Affinity Designer 1.6.0.

We will use the rotation origin, transformation panel and the duplicate function

Polygon-spirals-640.jpeg

Link to the video on YouTube

Enjoy the video and have fun to draw your own polygon spirals. It's simple but interesting!

Norbert

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB | macOS 10.12.6 | AD 1.6.1 | AP 1.6.7 | iPad Pro2 | APiPad 1.6.7

Hello Norbert,
a great tutorial,
reminds me, a bit of my geometry teaching, to my school time, ;);)

Best Regards
Gnobelix

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135 :  Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.0.258 :     Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135 : Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.0.258:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.0.270:       Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1809 Build 17763.379)

Thanks for the tutorial.
It becomes interesting when the individual objects are symbols. Then you can adjust the shapes later and together. You have to transform one of the objects into curves. See example:

Spirals.jpg

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

An equilateral triangle with its pivot point automatically located at its centroid can be created with Polygon Tool (tool icon is a filled pentagon) instead of the laborious method shown in the video. :)

Thank you for your supplement to this tutorial. I know the Polygon Tool ;) It's just a demonstration how you can draw the triangle with a different technique. I've used the Polygon Tool in other tutorials like this to draw this kind of a triangle.

Find me on YouTube | Mensch Mesch | MeWe | Twitter | Pinterest

iMac27 5k 32 GB | macOS 10.12.6 | AD 1.6.1 | AP 1.6.7 | iPad Pro2 | APiPad 1.6.7