Sign in to follow this  
TheRogue

Little bugs....

Hi Guys. I've been using Designer on Mac for a few years now. Still amazed by the speed etc when compared to Illustrator which was my tool of choice for YEARS!  Designer does everything I need basically.

HOWEVER - I do seem to have bugs and wondered if they were common, or just 'me' related;

• Designer refuses to open last document. It always starts with the blank screen and I have to either to open an existing document or create a new one.
  • Likewise, changing the tool sizes in preferences just doesn't work. And just the default size remains.

There may be other such tiny bugs that have existed for a while but these are the ones I come across daily. These are not huge issues, just rather little niggles. For info, I am using Designer on a MBP fully loaded and running 10.13.2 - I have used all variations of OSX with Designer and the bugs here started with the upgrade to Designer 1.6.0 . It was fine in the previous version.

Any thoughts?

Life is one long design process

Hi TheRogue

For opening the last document you need to make sure that in the General section for the System Preferences of the OS , the Close windows when quitting app option is not enabled as this is the equvelant of manually closing a document before exiting an app. Open last document replies on you just exiting the app rather than manually closing a document

The tool size options do not affect the icons on the toolbar or the tool cursors. What you should see is when an object is selected the nodes to transform it, for example, will be larger or smaller depending on what is set

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

On 1/8/2018 at 10:07 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi TheRogue

For opening the last document you need to make sure that in the General section for the System Preferences of the OS , the Close windows when quitting app option is not enabled as this is the equvelant of manually closing a document before exiting an app. Open last document replies on you just exiting the app rather than manually closing a document

The tool size options do not affect the icons on the toolbar or the tool cursors. What you should see is when an object is selected the nodes to transform it, for example, will be larger or smaller depending on what is set

Cheers

Ah Chris, thank you for this. Who'd have thought to go to the OS preferences?  The tool size didn't bother me, I just thought it was something that wasn't working. Many thanks again for your time.

Life is one long design process