You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new to Affinity and the Mac OS, so my problem is mostly between my ears. When I load 3 pictures into the Panorama screen and press Stitch, it tells me that no panoramas found. I"m loading the pictures from the Download file, so it appears that I must be loading them from the wrong place. In the instructional videos I've watched, the user seems to be selecting pictures from a Panorama file - if that's true, how do I get my pictures in that location, and where do I find it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Fossil36,

The location (source load location) of the files you want to stitch is not important (if I'm understanding what your asking correctly) The issue you are having sounds like there are not enough common reference points in each of your files for the software to successfully create the stitch. If you wish to make the files available I can confirm.

Regards

Hi Harry & John,

Thank you both for your quick responses! I think you're right about the overlap - I  captured an aerial picture of an island (Saipan) in three sections and am trying to stitch them together. I did not allow sufficient overlay at the intersecting points, which is the problem you pointed out. I also tried loading each section into a separate layer, but couldn't see thru the layers to separate and align them. I obviously don't know enough about working with layers, yet. If you guys can refer me to a good tutorial on layers & panoramas I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks again for your responses.

11 minutes ago, Fossil36 said:

I also tried loading each section into a separate layer, but couldn't see thru the layers to separate and align them.

If you select a layer in the Layers panel and set its blend mode to 'Screen', the overlapping portion of the layer beneath will become partially visible so that you can align the two layers precisely.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)