You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resize image, canvas, unclip canvas

Great work so far. Very impressed.

Issue:

1) When creating images for stock I will generally create an illustration in AI, then when finished I drag that file into Photoshop. When photoshop opens I am prompted to set the overall size I want. Once open I output one image full size (JPEG). Pretty straight forward.

2) One site I upload to requires preview image of 380w x 400 h. So, I resize the illustration (in Photoshop) to one of these two dimensions (whichever is smaller) and then adjust the CANVAS size (either the height or width) to make up the difference. I then output the JPEG.

Questions:

1) When opening the illustration in AP I don't have the option to select the image size that I want it to be. If I upsize the image after it opens, will I lose resolution or does it somehow resize like a vector? I tried to resize a test image (from a EPS vector file) and it looks pretty darn good so...

2) I can't seem to be be able to resize the canvas (so my image fits in the 380w x 400h area). Is this feature not active yet?

What is the Unclip Canvas function do. Would this solve my #2 issues?

Hi,

If you have some layer content that spills out over the document edge the unclip canvas just 'grows' the canvas to encompass that layer content.

I've added these options to the Help now - in the Image and canvas size topic.

Cheers

Andy Capstick 

Great work Andy. Thank you!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.