File passed to Photo 1.6.1.93 from Lightroom in Windows 7 64 bit. Carry out various edits - layers - masks - filters. Attempt to export tif, overwriting file created in Lightroom. Photo crashes during 'file save'. This has now happened on around 5 out of 6 times with different photos and changes. Can no longer justify wasting time doing edits!

Hi onedw

I've been trying this for a little while now but have not been any crashes on saving the tiff back to LR. I shall keep trying though. Do you have any crash reports that you might be able to attach for us to look into?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

According to 'Event Viewer', the last reported error was as follows:

Faulting application name: Photo.exe, version: 1.6.1.93, time stamp: 0x5a0d8a5c
Faulting module name: CsrBtOBEXProxy.DLL_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f686867
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000007fef2fef6e4
Faulting process id: 0x20b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d38603207d04bd
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Photo.exe
Faulting module path: CsrBtOBEXProxy.DLL
Report Id: df9d284e-f1f7-11e7-bfc0-002618df5b71

and previous times look much the same.

Does Photo archive its own 'crash report' somewhere?

The faulting module would appear to be bluetooth related which doesn't make much sense unless you're transferring files by Bluetooth?

Crash reports may be found in the %appdata%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports folder

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

No. Doesn't make sense! All photos are on an internal HDD. I did fairly recently add a Bluetooth USB transmitter so that I could listen to Affinity videos (brilliant!) on a portable Bluetooth speaker. Crashes may have begun after that but I don't see the connection. The 'CrashReports' folder is empty.

It's not unheard of to have 3rd party drivers interfering in some way. Could you try uninstalling the USB drivers and seeing if that solves the crashing.

And also if reinstalling causes the crashes to re-occur.

When a crash occurs look in the folder when the crash report dialog is still visible.

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

It is an 'Ekobuy' USB Bluetooth Dongle. I will see first if I can just disable the file transfer aspect (since I will not use it). I don't want to disable the 'headset' aspect unless I have to since I have disconnected the speakers and subwoofer that I was previously using!

OK. I uninstalled the driver package for the bluetooth and Photo exported the file without problem. I reinstalled and Photo crashed again - but the 'CrashReports' folder is still empty.

The driver installation automatically installs Add-ins for outputting files from MS Word and Excel via the Bluetooth. I can disable these via the Office options. It is also presumably doing the same for Photo. Is there no way to disable this link, too? If not, I guess I will have to return the dongle and buy a different one.

In fact (later), I have now uninstalled permanently and will return the purchase to Amazon. Have ordered a different dongle that appears to just transmit sound!

Thanks for your help.

It is ASIN: B01D3Q0228 -

EkoBuy® Bluetooth 4.0 USB Dongle Adapter for PC with Gold Plated USB, Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver For Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista - Plug and Play for Win 7 and above

Works very well for connecting to speakers and transmitting sound. Pity it tries to do lots of other things too... (Also slows Windows start-up significantly.)