nitro912gr

Designer select the object next to the one I want

Hello, I'm not sure if this is a bug in the program or my side (or even some setting), but since 1.6 (and all the updates since) the selection tool have lost serious accuracy when I try to select something.

For example in this picture (below) I may try to select the text and the tool select the photo next to it.

5a4f40bdc03b4_Screenshot2018-01-0511_06_23.png.44d10158c28a45ef864e6f439e7faeeb.png

This only happen when I'm zoomed out for a good amount like being able to see the whole page (A3+) but still not that much zoomed out to risk object check boxes overlay.

Before 1.6 I was able to do a pixel perfect selection but since I also got the windows 10 fall creators update around the same time, I'm not sure if this really is an affinity problem (for example this windows update crippled my wacom bamboo and now it zoom in at random on it's own).

If this is a bug ok just reporting, but if there is a way to fix it please let me know.

Thanks

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Wraith - MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 - RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 2133Mhz - GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB - HDD: WD Black 640GB, Toshiba P300 1TB - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

Hi nitro912gr

This could be something as simple as layer order but it is difficult to tell without the file. Are you able to upload it using this link

The team are making some changes to selections in the 1.7 update so this could also solve the issue but that is a bit of a way off atm

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hello I can't upload this file because it's a WIP for a client, but it does happen with any file anyway.

Layer order is not the problem here because the objects doesn't overlay each other so it should not affect the selection.

It is like I click on the object A and instead it select the object B that is next to it, while there is visible distance between them and their selection boxes (so it is not like there is a transparent picture with a big selection box).

Maybe it is a problem on my part, I will reinstall my mouse to make sure. A quick look I did in the forum doesn't seem anyone else to report this problem.

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Wraith - MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 - RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3 2133Mhz - GPU: XFX AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB - HDD: WD Black 640GB, Toshiba P300 1TB - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

hm... I can't replicate the problem today, weird because it was happening all the time, maybe I got a windows update or something?

(didn't reinstalled the mouse drivers yet). I will report back if it happen again.

Thank you all for your help so far.

:)

Current Workstation:

ok, it happened again, I'm not sure if this is from the non stop use of the program (I have this open and working since I posted 10 hours ago)

Here is a gif of what happens, the tirquaze dot is where the mouse pointer is clicking (almost same size as the dot) and I'm zoomed out at 55%, that is I have like enough space to fit the pointer one more time next to it, so it is not small space.

If I move like a just a bit to the left I can select the tv behind the box, but if I click on the dot then it select the box, which clearly is far enough not to be selected.

Screenshot-2018-01-08-21.03.gif

Current Workstation: