I'm on macOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

• I have an early 2013 15-inch Retina Macbook Pro connected to a Intuos Pro small tablet.
  • I use the brush tool in Affinity Designer to doodle simple drawings for animated videos.
  • I've seen serious lag in the Brush tool performance since upgrading to the 1.6.0 version.
  • I pick up the brush tool, try to draw something with my Wacom pen and there is a 1-2 second lag before the brush hits the screen.

This sounds like a small thing but when you're drawing 100-200 images for a video, it quickly becomes very annoying. Basically, I need to start every drawing 3-5 times before I the brush "lands" the right way on the screen. I don't have this issue with using the latest version of Illustrator.

How do I optimize the performance for my system/use case? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Have you been sure to totally disable "line smoothing"

Also, weird as it sounds, I think zoom level affects....I found it more responsive zoomed in (and use a low resolution canvas), if you can afford sketching in a more "pixelated"  type of line. Retina has a very large screen resolution, this might be punishing it... I believe there are settings in preferences to make things quite smoother.

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

On 4.1.2018 at 11:40 PM, DOODLESKULL said:

This sounds like a small thing but when you're drawing 100-200 images for a video, it quickly becomes very annoying. Basically, I need to start every drawing 3-5 times before I the brush "lands" the right way on the screen. I don't have this issue with using the latest version of Illustrator.

... Not only for that kind of job.

I just have to create really smooth masks, (like powder) to get some pictures together. I get crazy, because it does not work like expected.

For now, it works with better with preasure off. But then, i dont need nor more Wacom. I just take the mouse.

Incredibly annoying :-(

Die Now Live Later - KMFDM