Hi!
Please, help me figure out how to add little noise on the objects edges in AD, like would do Spatter effect in PS?
I wish it can be done non-destructively with vector objects, without brush strokes outline, because I need lots of objects clipping and sometimes gradient fills.

afdesign-oh-my.png

Hmm AFAIK there is no real direct equivalent to a non-destructively irregular splatter effect. So the only thing I can quickly imagine is to emulate/simulate this somehow with a more regular (than splatter irregular) contour/stroke line as outlines here. Meaning to use a finer grade dashed outline contour in the same color as your fills here. E.g. something like this then ...

linestyle.jpg.85a8ef6a6beee26c58e97d9773ee739a.jpg

... and play with the radius/thickness and object scaling settings then. - Maybe someone else has a quite better idea here?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Unfortunately, strokes works only with basic shapes, but add a lot of limitations and makes uncomfortable real workflow, like when you make a lot of changes, use object clipping or gradients.

Unfortunately, strokes works only with basic shapes ...

No, the pink filled one shown above is for example drawn with the pen tool, it was a quick rough sketch made from the nose form in your example. Just filled it only pink here and applied then a dashed line stroke (as explained before) in pink too.

... but add a lot of limitations and makes uncomfortable real workflow, like when you make a lot of changes, use object clipping or gradients.

Well you wanted something non-destructively with vector objects and that's finally what it is. Everything else here would probably need some sort of vector filter effect for variable irregular outlines/edges of fills.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

16 hours ago, vovkasolovev said:

add little noise on the objects edges in AD, like would do Spatter effect in PS?

AD is not the right software. AP might. The diffuse live filter set to a very low value with an also low opacity does much the same. Perhaps add a tiny bit of gaussian blur.

DirtyUp.thumb.jpg.c77049c563fb390d2ce5319d583f7db9.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hello vovkasolovev,

In "Draw Persona" and "Pixel view mode"mode, click on the "Blend ranges" cog in the layer panel.
Click on "Coverage map" and add points to give the line an irregular appearance.
This is just a workaround that may not be right for you...

Bords irréguliers.png

On 05.01.2018 at 4:32 PM, gdenby said:

AD is not the right software. AP might. The diffuse live filter set to a very low value with an also low opacity does much the same. Perhaps add a tiny bit of gaussian blur.

Thank you. I do not see any advantages over PS in this workflow.

On 05.01.2018 at 8:15 PM, reglico said:

Hello vovkasolovev,

In "Draw Persona" and "Pixel view mode"mode, click on the "Blend ranges" cog in the layer panel.
Click on "Coverage map" and add points to give the line an irregular appearance.
This is just a workaround that may not be right for you...

Nice suggestion! 

But no: There is no AA, phantom pixels in the clipping, and does not affect the horizontal line. General problem is that this is a modification for each individual object and it depends on the size of the image. 

Well, I realized that I was looking for some kind of filter effects over object groups. But in AD there are no filters.

afdesign-oh-my2.png

Until AD do not support custom vector brushes i think it is impossible, otherwise it could be simple as making stroke with jagged one, expand stroke and merge with object and You're done.

Thank you for the feedback, perhaps by creating a "vectorial" brush yourself you could achieve exactly the desired effect.

I quickly drew a brush from a line to which I applied "Expand Stroke". I then added knots on one side of the resulting shape to get a rough side. I deliberately created rather high and sharp peaks but it is possible to make them less pronounced or flattened according to the desired effect.

With a brush the effect is applied everywhere, even on straight parts of the drawing.

I then applied this brush to the shape and filled it with the same color.

Bords rugueux.png

did this with outer glow with noise.

spatter.thumb.png.10e3963bf5fbca3e9395e6cd8685fbf7.png

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Hi, in fact I have thought about the same topic. The solution I have come up with is to use a very rough textured vector brush, or better make some yourself (which I have done). The if you select quick shape or a curve of your own design and the choose the paint brush and the particular brush type you want, in black and with the interior also fille with black, you get black image with rough outline which you can use as a mask, Just place it above the image you would like with rough edges and select mask below in the layers panel, and you would get the desired shape with rough edges. In this way you can e.g. make photos in the form of a heart with rough edges. Please have a look at the files attached.

Best wishes,

Örjan

Sven.afdesign

klump 2.png

klump 3.png

klump 4.png

klump.png

Raggade ramar.afdesign