You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi All & Happy New Year 2018 :)

I'm new around here and have just signed up to this community.  Just another Adobe servant for many years now considering making the switch to this software, so far I've heard nothing but positive reviews about it.

I wanted to start off by signing up for a free trial and taking it for a test run before committing to the full purchase.

Can I ask how long the free trial lasts for?

Can you still save work during a free trial phase.

How many copies can I install and activate at the same time during a free trial period?  Ideally I would need one copy installed on my windows work PC and one copy installed on my imac personal desktop at home.

Thanks for reading guys and girls.

Consecca

• Staff

Hi Consecca,

Welcome to the forums! :)

The free trials do allow you to save they have no limited features. The trial lasts for 10 days you can install it on your PC and Mac but you will need to sign up for the trial on each computer.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to add my voice to  ask if the 10 day trial can be extended or modified as to its use for the reason below..

We recently had a demonstration of the software at our local Photography Club and the general contention was that it was very good, at least based on the two hours we had.
Consequently, myself and several members downloaded the trial and have reported back the results.

Unfortunately, we found it difficult to get to grips with all the features of the software in the time allocated. Obviously we can't devote ourselves full time over the 10 days and members reported that the time allocated for the trial and the time they could give it, is not enough to get their heads around the differences and similarities between Affinity Photo and Photoshop (which most people have been using for years). Affinity is a big application with many features and we only scratched the surface.

I think you at Serif should give some consideration to how you trial the software, as, at least in our group, its inhibiting your sales to (in our case) 50 odd members, all of whom dislike being held to ransom by Adobe and are looking for an alternative, but don't feel they have had enough time to learn enough about Affinity Photo. To be clear, its not the cost that's the problem, its having the confidence to change, where people will judge that the time and effort to learn a new application against something they are familiar with can be justified.

If we feel the same as a group, surely others must do so as well - you could be missing out on a great opportunity because of this limitation.
I hope this feedback proves useful.

Regards