Jacksonic

Problem moving smaller objects (iPad Pro, with/without Apple Pencil)

I’m a new user of the Affinity Pro app on iPad Pro.

Recently, I’ve noticed an issue when I try to use the move tool on smaller objects. Even though I click in the middle of the object when I try to move it’s position, the object keeps resizing, as if I was dragging one of the corners.

I’ve tried using the Apple Pencil and my finger, but the same problem.

Would appreciate some help, as I like using this app.

Hi Jacksonic,

I can reproduce this and will pass on to development to see if they can improve matters. In the meantime the only thing I can suggest is to try zooming in a bit more. However I understand this isn't exactly an optimal solution.

I am experiencing this problem too.

Another workaround is to:

1. Deselect the object you wish to move (by tapping on background)

2. Touch-and-drag on the object. It will move without resizing as long the current drag operation is in play.

PS - Thanks so much for bringing Affinity Photo to the iPad - it's an outstanding app, even if it does have a few quirks!

Hello,

It's really frustrating when you have to move a lot of small items while keeping an overview.
It looks like the handles have a much larger area than is visible. It's a good idea to handle with touch but not at all with the pencil.

JMooney, your trick works great for layers that are not in a group.

It’s been fixed in the beta version. Next release version can't be too far off now as current beta is a release candidate 2.

Hopefully you won't have to be frustrated too much longer.:)

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.3  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?