You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi DWright,

I understand the problem now, and it's not necessarily about the line height, but about pressing ENTER inside a frame text. For some reason, Affinity adds some space when pressing Enter in a frame, so the spacing between lines differ if a second line is created

1. automatically, when a second text line has to start, since there is not more space to fit the text on the first row

or

2. when I press Enter to start a new line

Is this normal, or is this a bug? And if it's not a bug, why is it behaving like this? :)

In the screenshot I attached, the first text has 2 lines because I pressed Enter to break the line, and the second example has 2 lines because the frame text width was not big enough to hold both lines on a single line. But for both cases, Text Height and Leading Override are 0.

Thanks,

Chris

text-line-height.jpg

I may be misunderstanding what you want but pressing the Enter key starts a new paragraph, so if you want the paragraphs to overlap completely on top of each other, you need to set the paragraph leading, space after, & space before to zero in the Paragraph panel:

paragraph.png.4d417678dac1b9dd4a5c98f8852a993e.png

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7